Past all our expectations (1 Viewer)

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
We are now coming to the end of our first proper holiday in France in the motorhome.
It's been a brilliant 2 weeks, the only rain was on our way back up to Normandy. It's been mixed in places we've stayed, aires, campsites and staying with friends.

Currently on a lovely aire at Forges Les Eaux, just a few of us here, lovely town, EHU great walks and all for 6€ 77c a night. Also has a great English speaking vet ( for hound, not me!).
Just don't tell anyone else about it!

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Sounds brilliant and well jealous :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Glad you liked Motor homing in France, it great to visit a country that really likes and appreciates us and such a joy to drive and park whenever you what within reason. (y)

OP
OP
Mack100

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
We met a nice couple on the aire and they told us about their month spent at Marjal Camping in Spain. We are now going to investigate this for next January.

I've created a new thread about out stowaway:eek::eek:

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Forges les Eaux is one of my bookmarked aires for our trip in a couple of weeks.:)

May I ask - what breed is your dog (the one in your avatar)?

OP
OP
Mack100

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Forges les Eaux is one of my bookmarked aires for our trip in a couple of weeks.:)

May I ask - what breed is your dog (the one in your avatar)?
Miniature Schnauzer, although he is the maximum size for one.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the aire, the town is very nice and there are some good walks if you stay for 48 hours.
It certainly wont be as busy as the seen in the aerial image I looked at 2 days ago, absolutely crammed in like sardines.
I seem to recall that there was a notice saying they turn off water some time in October, might be worth checking.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Miniature Schnauzer, although he is the maximum size for one.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the aire, the town is very nice and there are some good walks if you stay for 48 hours.
It certainly wont be as busy as the seen in the aerial image I looked at 2 days ago, absolutely crammed in like sardines.
I seem to recall that there was a notice saying they turn off water some time in October, might be worth checking.
Ahhh - I thought he was. We've been looking at getting a dog and mini Schnauzer is pretty much at the top of our list - the main criteria being which breed that we like would be most suited to the size of our panel van conversion.

I think that it's round about 15th October that the water is switched off and we would be there before then.

I can't wait to get there. This will be our second proper trip to France - I love it over there with the van. This week I have finally got around to fitting the gasit, reversing camera and bike rack in anticipation of our trip.

OP
OP
Mack100

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
The mini schnauzer is a lovely dog but don't be surprised if it forms a strong attachment to one family member.
Our Archie is deeply in love with my wife and follows her around like he's attached to her left foot.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back