Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Help, we are nipping over to France for 4 days and taking grandson, just found out his passport expires 3 weeks after we get back, will that be a problem,

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
froghopper - will that be a problem?

It shouldn't be a problem but to make sure either go to www.gov.uk or ring the Passport section - 0300 222 0000

There is a fast track system if you want a Passport quickly - but it does cost!

:france::france::france:

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
I always thought you had to have 6 months remaining when you were due to return. Might not be the case though, best to check.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Dont think its any issue as its valid..Its only certain countries that insist you have so long left on a passpor, I guess to cover the length of your stay so you cant say your passports expired and cant go home.. USA, rings a bell on that one..

The French will soon send you home... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Current passport processing - 2 weeks.

I have recently renewed my passport.
I used the on-line form filling service to ensure all the letters were withing their boxes and the passport office would be unable to reject the form. the form was filled in at the weekend and it arrived by post on Wednesday. I signed it, and returned it, by second class post, that day with my old passport, cheque and photos.
The new passport arrived last Wednesday, exactly two weeks to the day after I posted it.

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
I have recently renewed my passport.
I used the on-line form filling service to ensure all the letters were withing their boxes and the passport office would be unable to reject the form. the form was filled in at the weekend and it arrived by post on Wednesday. I signed it, and returned it, by second class post, that day with my old passport, cheque and photos.
The new passport arrived last Wednesday, exactly two weeks to the day after I posted it.

A strange bunch of professions able to counter-sign .

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dont think its any issue as its valid..Its only certain countries that insist you have so long left on a passpor, I guess to cover the length of your stay so you cant say your passports expired and cant go home.. USA, rings a bell on that one..

The French will soon send you home... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Or to extradite you if needed maybe !!!! :ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
cant see a problem really.

I think, technically, you dont even need a passport to visit Europe....just official photo ID.....photo card driving licence etc

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Help, we are nipping over to France for 4 days and taking grandson, just found out his passport expires 3 weeks after we get back, will that be a problem,

Remember to have a letter of permission from the parents to take him out of the country.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
cant see a problem really.

I think, technically, you dont even need a passport to visit Europe....just official photo ID.....photo card driving licence etc

You need a National Identity card or passport to travel in Europe. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_identity_cards_in_the_European_Economic_Area
At present, five European Economic Area member states (Denmark, Iceland, Ireland, Norway and United Kingdom) do not issue national identity cards to their citizens. Therefore, EEA member states' citizens from these five countries can only use a passport as a travel document to enter and reside in the EEA or Switzerland without a visa

BTW its seems from the above that France issue ID cards to its citizens free of charge, I've just paid £72.50 for my passport :Angry:
Gordon

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Remember to have a letter of permission from the parents to take him out of the country.

Yes dont forget this most important piece of paper which has to be signed by both parents

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back