Tea break

Free Member
Jul 28, 2018
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Hi all the time had come to renew the passports. To my surprise I found it a simple task all done online even a new photo.filled in the application uploaded photo from the iPad sent of the old passports on the Thursday and received new passports the following Friday 8 days in total. I reckon that’s pretty good service. It’s a thumbs up from me.👍

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Yes. Did mine a while back and also did my first picture driving license in the same way. Easy and timely turnaround for both 👍👍.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Did mine yesterday had a bit of trouble with the photo my fault not the site it did not like my photo but nor did i but easy to do

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Took 4 days to get my electronic application processed and the new one to arrive, 3 days later the old passport arrived. What I did notice is the date of the new one, they no longer extend from the expiry date of previous passport but from the actual date the passport was issued. So I have lost 4 months of the 10 year passport.

I was going to suggest they lend some team members to DVLA to train them up on delivery times.

Lee337

Free Member
Sep 7, 2019
South Lincs
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None, absolutely none, although I did once own a VW T2 Westie which I used overnight a few times
Got to do mine at the end of the month, there's only 5 months left on it. As I'm not planning on going anywhere for a while, I'm in no hurry. Glad to hear it appears to be a painless task on line though.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I was going to suggest they lend some team members to DVLA to train them up on delivery times.
The DVLA online systems are pretty good too. If it is something that needs a paper application it takes a bit longer. I have recently had both my D2/D4 application for a C1 license and my up plating application from 3500kg to 3850kg both sorted out within about 3 weeks.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
...........What I did notice is the date of the new one, they no longer extend from the expiry date of previous passport but from the actual date the passport was issued. So I have lost 4 months of the 10 year passport.
Previously in the UK if you applied to renew a Passport before expiry you were “credited” with an extension of up to a maximum of 9 months. This changed a couple of years ago to comply with international travel requirements, where most countries only recognise the Passport as being valid for up to 10 years from the date of issue. The Government announced this and there has been mention about this previously on this Forum.

It is also important to be aware that since the end of UK freedom of movement in Europe at the end of the transition period, you will not be permitted to enter unless there is a minimum of 6 months validity remaining on your Passport. This means it must be no older than 9 years and 6 months from the date of issue on the day you enter.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Praise where it is due. An online system that appears to work as intended.

I've just renewed mine. I too, had trouble with the photo. The one thing the photo checking software definitely doesn't like is shadows. As for the processing time - excellent service. (y)

Prospector

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jun 24, 2015
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam T-Line
Exp
Since 2015
Renewed mine on line, took 8 days in total, very impressed.
Don't like the blue cover, min's nearly black !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back