Passport Renewal (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Never had a problem with earlier passports but had no end of problems with the photo when I renewed last year . Eventually had photo without glasses accepted as it was impossible to get rid of reflections

Deleted User
Never had a problem with earlier passports but had no end of problems with the photo when I renewed last year . Eventually had photo without glasses accepted as it was impossible to get rid of reflections

I thought that any photo with glasses on was unacceptable and has been for many years.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You can renew online from your registered residency abroad, you just get stitched up for thirty odd euros for the " secure " delivery by DHL ! Just go to the online gov site and select " renewal from abroad " simple.
When I last renewed from here via the Madrid embassy, which is no longer available, it cost nearly 200€ including dhl delivery. My wife did it at the same time in the UK for £75. So if it is the same price as in the UK + 30€ It will be a bargain to me!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
All my previous ones were with specs, only the latest was a problem.

My previous one was in 2013 and I did not wear my specs for that one, I thought that it was a requirement then but apparently allowed if no glare or reflection.

Possibly the requirement to take specs off for the automatic passport scanning machines made me think it was a requirement for the photo.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
All my previous ones were with specs, only the latest was a problem.

My previous one was in 2013 and I did not wear my specs for that one, I thought that it was a requirement then but apparently allowed if no glare or reflection.

Possibly the requirement to take specs off for the automatic passport scanning machines made me think it was a requirement for the photo.
Prescription glasses are OK but your eyes must be visible without any glare or reflection.
From Gov UK: source

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
The misplaced correspondence has been found and now my renewal is being worked on (01/12/2020).
:eek: They reset the counter: -
We are sorry that it is taking longer than usual to process your application due to COVID-19. If we don’t need any further information to progress your application, you should receive your passport within 3 weeks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back