Passport not stamped on exit… questions asked on return (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
We went to France via Eurotunnel on Sun 5th Sept and came home yesterday.
i travelled on my 🇮🇪🇪🇺 passport and Mrs McG travelled on her 🇬🇧 passport.
i thought i saw Mrs McG’s passport being stamped by 🇫🇷 border on departure, but when we got them back I looked , there was no stamp 🤔
On return, the 🇫🇷 border went through Mrs McG’s Passport looking for her entry stamp , and obviously, there wasn’t one. I explained that it wasn’t stamped on entry 2 weeks prior by the 🇫🇷 border (I don’t know why - perhaps as Mrs McG was travelling with me as 🇮🇪🇪🇺?)and this got a strange look, and i was asked how long we had been away, and could I prove our departure?

i showed them our Eurotunnel return ticket on my phone and they wrote her details down in a large ledger and stamped her passport with an exit stamp and hand wrote the entry date of the 5th Sept above the departure stamp.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
We went to France via Eurotunnel on Sun 5th Sept and came home yesterday.
i travelled on my 🇮🇪🇪🇺 passport and Mrs McG travelled on her 🇬🇧 passport.
i thought i saw Mrs McG’s passport being stamped by 🇫🇷 border on departure, but when we got them back I looked , there was no stamp 🤔
On return, the 🇫🇷 border went through Mrs McG’s Passport looking for her entry stamp , and obviously, there wasn’t one. I explained that it wasn’t stamped on entry 2 weeks prior by the 🇫🇷 border (I don’t know why - perhaps Mrs McG was travelling with me as 🇮🇪🇪🇺?)and this got a strange look, and i was asked how long we had been away, and coil i prove our departure.

i showed them our Eurotunnel return ticket on my phone and they wrote her details down in a large ledger and stamped her passport with an exit stamp and hand wrote the entry date of the 5th Sept above the departure stamp.
As she is travelling with you being the holder of a Eu country citizen the 90/180 rule would not be applicable to her…..

OP
OP
gerry mcg

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
As she is travelling with you being the holder of a Eu country citizen the 90/180 rule would not be applicable to her…..
i know, but that did not stop the inquisition at the 🇫🇷🇪🇺border on return.
perhaps the outbound 🇫🇷 border official was well versed with the rules, and the returning 🇫🇷 border guard was not…. Dont know… just sharing our experience

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
After the whole submarine embarrassment I suspect the FR customs will get even tighter - or at least for those with US, UK and AUS passports.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
uk border officials did their job. Next?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back