Passenger / seatbelt laws (1 Viewer)

L

Louiemole

Deleted User
We have a Swift Kontiki 645 and in the L- shaped lounge / travel area we have two forward facing seats with fitted 3 point belts and a side bench with no fitted belts. Will I be breaking the law if someone were to travel on this bench as there are no belts fitted??:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
This is an oft asked question and depends on the year of the vehicle, with the law changing in around 2007/8 which made the carrying of passengers illegal on non belted seats. Whichever category your vehicle falls into, would you really want to risk the lives of anyone in an unbelted seat?

andi4x4

Free Member
Aug 24, 2010
Ramsey, Isle of man
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Based soley on the fact that I work on Ambulances - we have seats that can be rotated from side facing to forward facing positions - when transporting someone in the side facing configuration, a lap belt has to be used - when forward facing, a standard three point seat belt is used. We also have one rear facing seat, which also has to have a three point belt in use. This set up is, I believe, EU legislation.

On the stretcher we have two straps which are secured across the person - one at the waist and one lower down the legs. Some stretchers are now fitted with a four point harness ( think Formula 1 car ! ) to secure the torso aswell. The two cross belts are sufficent to support the person and keep them on the bed in the event of a roll-over.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back