Passenger location form (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2014
Stratford-upon-Avon, UK
Funster No
MH
BUCCANEER CARAVEL
Exp
SINCE 1975
Hoping to go to France next month but am now confused about passenger location form☹️getting old!Do we need to fill one of these to leave the UK?Govt form starts by asking for dates we are arriving in UK then dates of leaving UK!We don’t at this point know either as we are waiting to see what situation is like in 2/3 weeks time.and then we will only book the out tunnel journey and book return whilst out there.Now understand that we need our 2jabs certificates which we have got!And we can get our lateral flow tests in Gravelines which is where we normally stay before returning on tunnel!and that we can arrange PCR 2nd day tests just before we return! Have I missed anything?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
No you just fill in the PLF and submit before your return and you need the reference number from the day 2 test to enter on the from.
That's how I understand it anyway

Jul 11, 2016
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo TL680g
Exp
returnee
Make sure to get the French AntiCovid app on your phone and scan your certificates to load your vaccination status. Or carry your paper certificates if you want to eat in a restaurant or get in a campsite. They are very keen on checking your vaccine status

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 15, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20+ but 30+ as a tugger
As Figaro says you need to fill in the PLF up to 72 hours before your return - AND IT HAS TO BE COMPLETED ONLINE. Not easy for folks that don't have either a laptop/tablet or smartphone with internet access. You need to book your day 2 test beforehand as you need to add the day 2 reference number on your PLF

Jun 29, 2012
Penrith
Funster No
MH
DIMS van conversion
Exp
since 2010
Hoping to go to France next month but am now confused about passenger location form☹️getting old!Do we need to fill one of these to leave the UK?Govt form starts by asking for dates we are arriving in UK then dates of leaving UK!We don’t at this point know either as we are waiting to see what situation is like in 2/3 weeks time.and then we will only book the out tunnel journey and book return whilst out there.Now understand that we need our 2jabs certificates which we have got!And we can get our lateral flow tests in Gravelines which is where we normally stay before returning on tunnel!and that we can arrange PCR 2nd day tests just before we return! Have I missed anything?
We hope to go to France next month too - and I thought we'd sorted the documentation for getting INTO France.

But your question - and some of the replies - have made me think twice!

So when you talk about "passenger location form" is this to get into France or to get back into the UK?

I'm not getting old - I AM old! :giggle:

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
The passenger locator form is only for the return to the UK. As mentioned above it needs to be filled in online a maximum of 48 hours before you return.
Edit: it's definitely 48 hours
Screenshot_20210830-154846.png

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
I think that the question about leaving the UK is just for those travellers in transit. It’s optional.
We started to fill ours out in advance (well prepared) but we were stopped by big red writing to say it had to be filled in 72 hours before return.

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Coming back to UK tomorrow so I've been tested booked my day 2 tests and tried filling this form in...... not possible to complete it. It refuses to accept my vaccination status as being vacc'd in the UK. Even though I was vacc'd back in February in Chester before I cam out to France..

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You went out in February? Back this week?
You have residency or EU nationality I assume.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Coming back to UK tomorrow so I've been tested booked my day 2 tests and tried filling this form in...... not possible to complete it. It refuses to accept my vaccination status as being vacc'd in the UK. Even though I was vacc'd back in February in Chester before I cam out to France..
I wondered if you had accidentally submitted the QR code and details for your first vaccination rather than your second one ?

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
I wondered if you had accidentally submitted the QR code and details for your first vaccination rather than your second one ?
Didn't get the opportunity to put the vacc QR code in, it asked if I was vacc'd I ticked yes, then it asks for which country, United Kingdom or France, I tick UK and it refuses to go any further.

I've had to say I'm not vacc'd to get the form to complete.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
OP asks about leaving the UK and entering France. Currently (could change) the UK is on the French Amber list so from: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements we get:

Travellers who are fully vaccinated do not need an essential reason to travel to France and do not need to self-isolate on arrival. From 18 July, fully vaccinated travellers no longer need to present evidence of a negative test result before travel. Fully vaccinated travellers will need to present the following documents:

• a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website
  • proof of vaccination status

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
UK is on French Amber list so from: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france/entry-requirements we get

Travellers who are fully vaccinated do not need an essential reason to travel to France and do not need to self-isolate on arrival. From 18 July, fully vaccinated travellers no longer need to present evidence of a negative test result before travel. Fully vaccinated travellers will need to present the following documents:

• a completed ‘sworn statement’ (déclaration sur l’honneur) form self-certifying they are not suffering from symptoms associated with coronavirus and have not been in contact with confirmed cases in the preceding fortnight. This can be found on the French government’s website
  • proof of vaccination status
I think that's describing entry to France.... I'm in France, been here for months.... Live in Port Louis, Morbihan.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
if you are fully vaccinated all is good, if you fancy extending your travels to say Portugal you may need a locator form - not exactly sure but as we are flying and we will need to fill in a locator form for entry into Portugal.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
I think that's describing entry to France.... I'm in France, been here for months.... Live in Port Louis, Morbihan.
It is, yes, as the OP said "Hoping to go to France next month but am now confused about passenger location form". My answer was to inform (and agree) that the PLF is ONLY required on return to the UK but there are still things one must do to get TO France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back