Passenger Footrest in Fiat Ducato (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
You can get a lower seatbox.This entails removing the seat and box and replacing the box with a lower one.About £50.Not the cheapest or easiest opton,but what woman is?
"Because I am worth it"

There may be a battery under the seat and that is why it is so high in the first place and therefore can not be lowered.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Shirley is also of a short persuasion and was using an inflatable pillow. ( I think it may originally have been a neck pillow) but it has sprung a leak so will be making something customised as soon as we move house (week after next) and I have a workshop (OK Garage) again.hardhat

Deleted User
The passenger seat on our Ducato based van is perfect for travelling, however, too high when turned through 180 degrees when parked up. I would be interested to know if anyone has anyone fitted a fold up footrest or identified any other clever solution. There are a lot of stand alone footrests on the market, however, was looking for something that integrated nicely with the seat

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deneb

Free Member
Oct 20, 2015
Europe
Funster No
MH
PVC
My wife uses a PedalBox from Trade Vehicle Locks. She finds its height and incline just right, and it fits exactly in the passenger footwell between the central glovebox and the outer kick panel.

It also doubles as an anti-theft device when not in use :LOL:;):LOL:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
The passenger seat on our Ducato based van is perfect for travelling, however, too high when turned through 180 degrees when parked up. I would be interested to know if anyone has anyone fitted a fold up footrest or identified any other clever solution. There are a lot of stand alone footrests on the market, however, was looking for something that integrated nicely with the seat
We use a small folding step (around £5) from Aldi (think Lidl does them as well).
This is the large version with the small being around half the height.
Broken Link Removed

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We bought a £5 folding plastic step from Wilko and hacksawed 3” of the legs.

It is the perfect height for Mrs Maison but you could easily make your own measurements. It has the advantage of folding away into the door step when not required.

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
How about one of the small steps that young boys stand on to enable them to wee in the toilet bowl ?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Carolyn has short legs ::bigsmile: which means her feet don't reach the floor in the passenger seat,which is not 'height adjustable'.
She feels that she needs a foot rest.Has anyone else had this problem? If so,what was your solution?
I know I could make summat :Smile:But I'm lazy :ROFLMAO:

Mike.
Yes,, exacerbated for Woman as she has a comfort pad on her seat which pushes her even higher

We use one of these that I cut down a bit

1574965748355.png

Cut off the legs below the cross braces
Quick and easy to deploy and remove if I need it out of the way

Cost about £6

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Stilts or a longer legs transplant ? But seriously maybe a step type plastic toolbox which will have a dual use.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We have the same problem, it is not just the passenger's feet reaching the floor comfortably but also the eyeline is just outside the arc covered by the wiper. As a "temporary" solution I have removed the swivel unit and am searching for a replacement seat base that can be cut and rewelded to accomodate the extra height of the swivel unit, thus far a trawl of scrapyards has failed to produce one . (Fiat woud like £150 to provide a new base) I am reluctant to cut and weld the orginal in case there is an issue with the MOT and safety so it is a matter of keep looking.

I would be more concerned about Construction and Use Law. altering anything due the safety of a vehicle is a bit dodgy, removing the swivel may be ok, it might be a good idea to ask VOSA i'm not sure they call it now , it use to be called Ministry of Transport. If you can't find them , go to a Commercial vehicle Garage Main Dealer they have Ministry MOT Testers checking vehicles on their premises , as they have closed Ministry Mot stations

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Can a Electric step be fitted below the Passengers entrance as my wife as arthritis ? if it has been done this might help this lady. ie. has anyone had it done ?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Yes,, exacerbated for Woman as she has a comfort pad on her seat which pushes her even higher

We use one of these that I cut down a bit

View attachment 348876

Cut off the legs below the cross braces
Quick and easy to deploy and remove if I need it out of the way

Cost about £6
That's the same as the one we use.:xThumb:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Google or eBay church pew cushion or kneeling pad and it will come up with lots of designs...??

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Bought a damaged duckboard from Wilko. Added two cubes of pallet wood. Trimmed to fit in front of passenger seat.
Did something similar for toilet seat too.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Can a Electric step be fitted below the Passengers entrance as my wife as arthritis ? if it has been done this might help this lady. ie. has anyone had it done ?
I've seen it done on a Ducato pvc but the sill slopes behind the front wheel resulting in a sloping step.
Looked crap but seemed to work

Aug 11, 2018
Europe
Funster No
MH
€6 Peugeot Boxer van conv
Exp
50 years inc camping and caravanning (and I'm not much older than that)
If it's for forward travel (as opposed to when it's swivelled), and it's a Ducato/Boxer type cab, there is a lowered seat base available. It's a direct replacement, but be careful if your seat base has a case around it (probably has):

Deleted User
Thanks for all the responses, lots of stand alone options out there, what I would really like is something that is attached to the seat and folds down when swivelled to the Hab area and folds up against the seat when in the travelling position, bit like the footrest on a toddlers high chair. Might have to come up with my own design, should knock a couple of grand of the resale value!

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
I just cut a couple of lengths of off cut decking and screwed them together. They're not too bulky and just at the right height for Yana. If she wanted it higher I would have just added a bit but at least she didn't have her knees too high with not being able to adjust the height of a toolbox or step etc. Wouldn't want an injury if her knees were too high and the airbag went off.

Deleted User
I just cut a couple of lengths of off cut decking and screwed them together. They're not too bulky and just at the right height for Yana. If she wanted it higher I would have just added a bit but at least she didn't have her knees too high with not being able to adjust the height of a toolbox or step etc. Wouldn't want an injury if her knees were too high and the airbag went off.
Why would the airbag go off with the seat swivelled into the hab position?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Blimey, a 10 year old thread brought back to life. :eek:

The boss uses a homemade beanny bag.