Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I have read on another thread something about a pass sanitaire. We cross on the tunnel tonight and I don’t know what this is. We have completed the declaration de honneur and have certificates proving we’re both double vaccinated. I believe this is all we need for the outbound leg of the journey along with the dog’s AHC.
Is this Pass Sanitaire in addition to these documents or just the French translation of our vaccine certificates?

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
The pass sanitaire is your personal digital covid vaccination certificate.
You require this to go to bars, restaurants etx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
glenn2926

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Google says;

Thanks for that. I have a smart phone but my wife’s phone doesn’t do apps etc. I have my vaccine records on my phone, again my wife doesn’t on hers. Hopefully our vaccine certificates will suffice. I’m not sure they have a QR code on them though.
Just checked they do have very small QR codes on our certificates.

Thanks again all.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have a nice trip (y)

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
We’re in Normandy at the moment. Every cafe, bar and museum have asked to scan the tousAntiCovid app, even if sitting outside. Never been asked for it in shops.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Does anyone know if we can use the app just to upload our QR code - I would rather not use any of the other features.

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
We have the passes printed out in a plastic sleeve. No problem so far here in France. Most bars etc just scan with their mobile. Worked every time.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thanks for that. I have a smart phone but my wife’s phone doesn’t do apps etc. I have my vaccine records on my phone, again my wife doesn’t on hers. Hopefully our vaccine certificates will suffice. I’m not sure they have a QR code on them though.
Just checked they do have very small QR codes on our certificates.

Thanks again all.
Put your wife's records on your phone..BUSBY.

Oct 1, 2019
Guildford
Funster No
MH
Hymer BMCI 680 A Cl
Exp
Since June 20
We are currently in Adge, south of France and carry paper copies of our QR codes. Some bars and restaurants ask to see them others don't.
What we have found is that the scanning does not always work but have never been refused entry once we explain that we are from the UK and the codes are our proof of vacation
As a side issue we have been made very welcome everywhere we have visited in the last 2 weeks.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We got back yesterday almost every bar restaurant and cafe asked for the code. We did carry paper ones but didn't try them so not sure if the NHS one would work. Make sure you have a reasonable supply of masks too most bars restaurants etc required wearing one until sat down and all supermarkets required them.
Have a good trip we really enjoyed it especially as we saw Liz's sister for the first time in two years.

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Just a thought, as hubby’s phone too old to support app, can I just add his certificate to my app? It seems to allow for multiple certificates.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Just a thought, as hubby’s phone too old to support app, can I just add his certificate to my app? It seems to allow for multiple certificates.
Yes. I added my dads to his app and then added my mums on to it as mum doesn’t take here phone with her 🙄

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
I am completely at a loss now trying to get my head round the documents fro travel to France. I have no access at all to a printer so can I do everything on my smartphone?
I understand that I need a certificate of honour but after that will my NHS Covid QR code work out there?

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I am completely at a loss now trying to get my head round the documents fro travel to France. I have no access at all to a printer so can I do everything on my smartphone?
I understand that I need a certificate of honour but after that will my NHS Covid QR code work out there?
Everything done on smart phone. No printer here and no problem. In fact easier, that’s how they want it to work.

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Everything can be done on phone, and it is the easiest and most desirable way. We have also done paper copies as I like a belt, braces and a piece of string

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Everything done on smart phone. No printer here and no problem. In fact easier, that’s how they want it to work.
We also downloaded a PDF and emailed them to each other so both phones had the information just in case. Then again we also took paper copies. My wife dropped her last phone in the bog stopped working straight away if it was the only thing with your covid pass on it could spoil your day.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Do I simply show my NHS covid app qr codes then and not worry about the french Tous Anticovid app?

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I find that with the NHS App I have to login every time and I find it faffy, and for "Security" it stops you doing a screen shot, so you can have it as an instantly accessible image. When the codes are copied into the Tous AntiCovid app you just open it and press "Wallet" and they are there

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
You can also take a screen shot then show that, no need to log into nhs each time.

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
I find that with the NHS App I have to login every time and I find it faffy, and for "Security" it stops you doing a screen shot, so you can have it as an instantly accessible image. When the codes are copied into the Tous AntiCovid app you just open it and press "Wallet" and they are there
And therein lies my confusion. How do I copy my two vaccination qr codes from the nhs app into the french app?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
And therein lies my confusion. How do I copy my two vaccination qr codes from the nhs app into the french app?
Do a screenshot of your qr code and send it via email WhatsApp or text to another phone.
Open up the message then when loading the qr code into tousanticovid app put the screenshot into the viewer of the phone

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Depends on what you have available. In the NHS App it offers you the chance to download and send the code as a pdf file. So that could be sent to a PC and displayed on the screen and then the French App will photo the code and add it in

Alternatively you need a second device, one running the NHS App and one running the French App to allow you to show the code and one to photo the code

Please ask again if I have not explained that clearly

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Right got it ..finally I hear you cry..... I was getting the impression I could copy from nhs app directly to french app just on my own phone without another phone or printing it. Christ I thought I was being really dense... or maybe I was! Thanks all...

Jun 9, 2010
Stroud, UK
Funster No
MH
Euramobil 810
Exp
Since 2014
I have read on another thread something about a pass sanitaire. We cross on the tunnel tonight and I don’t know what this is. We have completed the declaration de honneur and have certificates proving we’re both double vaccinated. I believe this is all we need for the outbound leg of the journey along with the dog’s AHC.
Is this Pass Sanitaire in addition to these documents or just the French translation of our vaccine certificates?
As others have mentioned, it’s just proof of vaccination. I was in France a couple of weeks ago and most every restaurant asked for it. I just showed them a printed copy of my NHS covid vaccine certificate. You need the document that has the two QR codes on it as most restaurants I went to scanned the QR codes to confirm.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back