Parking van up and flying from South Spain or Portugal (1 Viewer)

Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Semi-newbie to motorhomes
Hi all,

I'm currently in South of Spain and running out of days to drive back to England. I'm thinking to park my van up somewhere secure in South of Spain between Malaga and Lisbon (Portugal).

Just wanting to find a place that's secure and also close to an airport with cheap flights, ideally with cheap flights to Budapest, which is Lisbon with Wizz air.

Never done this before so any tips from the experienced about what to consider would be welcome eg. Needing to book storage fast in advance or whether to avoid paying a farmer with a barn, whether some mh storage places are very different to others or any tips on airports, ways to search the best flights etc eg sky scanner or some other way to find airports or airlines that aren't included there

Thank you

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
CHECK YOUR INSURANCE: some will not cover you if the MH is unoccupied.
You may be able to arrange stand-alone cover locally.

Gordon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Camperstop Messines in Sao Bartholomeu de Messines allow you to park on their campsite and will ferry you to Faro airport. A few people did that when we stayed there. See the section Park and Fly on this link -

Feb 23, 2013
St Austell
Funster No
MH
Vantage max
Exp
since 2014
Yes Check your insurance we were told the we would be not coverd were we own a flat in a gated carpark

OP
OP
TobyQuest
Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
Thanks for replies.

I found there's numerous places around Malaga, predominantly uncovered ranging from 35 to 75 euro per month and 2 or 3 places between 80 and 120 euro a month for covered. Most include a free taxi service to and from the airport.
Some seem a lot more secure than others

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Renewed with Comfort last week and reminded that you have to phone them if you are leaving your van for more than 48hours and they would consult their brokers.

seakay22

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Malibu GT600
Exp
Since 2002
I can highly recommend: AUTOCARAVANAS SEYLA just north of Malaga airport.
Have used them numerous times and there service is excellent. Sergio who owns and runs the place is a real nice chap and very accommodating. If you go on Google maps and search for them in the Malaga area their location (with reviews) will come up.

OP
OP
TobyQuest
Jul 8, 2019
Funster No
MH
Jap Import Nissan4x4
Exp
AUTOCARAVANAS SEYLA Was one of the places I visited. I liked it a lot actually but it didn't have covered storage so I gave it a miss.
Nice and secure, good facilities etc

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I can highly recommend: AUTOCARAVANAS SEYLA just north of Malaga airport.
Another vote for these people. I stayed there overnight once when meeting someone at Malaga Airport. Will take you to and from the airport, can't remember if it was free or a small charge.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back