Parking up whilst on an extended trip (1 Viewer)

Dec 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4I
Exp
Hi all

just planning out our itinerary for our 5 month post lockdown adventure. At various points we will be looking to park up and leave either the van or our car for a couple of nights (mainly as we visit some of the Scottish islands). Do sites allow you to leave the van/car unattended (I presume at reduced cost?) if we are staying at either end of the island trip, or do I need to look for secure parking in the various locations? Any advice for a touring novice welcome!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I doubt that you'd get a reduced fee as I would guess that once this hoo-haa is over pitches will be in great demand.
I'd check that the m/h insurance cover will be maintained if left unattended away from home, even if only for a day or two.
(I'm only dreaming of planning an extended trip. :()

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
if you are just leaving it for a visit to an island usually there is parking on the docks, if your leaving the van on a campsite the cost of the pitch is the cost of a pitch (if your there no else can be) I do not see a problem with you leaving the van on a site and taking the car you do not have to explain where you go or what you do during your stay. but some sites if you leave in the van do not guarantee the same pitch on return. but if the car is parked there no else can use that pitch.
How ever if you are going to stay over night I would let someone know the van is empty so that if there is an issue (fire) they will not be trying to rescue people from an empty van.

Sounds exciting I am hoping to do something similar but as I am still working have time restrictions I hope you have a lovely time

posts crossed good thinking spriddler my is only covered for 48 hours and then have to inform them

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
If you leave your motorhome on site overnight without being there you are supposed to tell the wardens. Incase of fire etc. At least then they know you weren’t there. (y)

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
May be wise to check your insurance cover. My policy is clear that the MoHo must be parked overnight only at home/agreed Storage Site, unless occupied. I had to get an endorsement to cover leaving unattended at a Marina when we were away sailing for a few nights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back