Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Hi Funsters, Has anyone visited the Town of Cartagena Spain and parked overnight?
Thanks in anticipation

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
I drove into Cartagena a couple of times a few weeks ago. I was driving a small hire car and struggled to find somewhere to park so don't attempt it in a motorhome!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we parked here
Camperpark Cartagena
Molino derribao s/n
30310 Cartagena
Spain
http://www.campercontact.com/en/spa...9/motorhome-parking-camperpark-cartagena.aspx
Motorhome (2 persons incl. taxes): € 10.00 / € 12.00 | Waste water discharge: Free | Chemical toilet discharge: Free | Water: Free | Electricity: Free
all facilities elec/washrooms/lounge area etc....
local bus very near to get into town very cheap & easy.
hubby cycled in on his own but was bit of an experience with the traffic & he is a well seasoned cyclist!!!
would recommend this place - there is nowhere to park in town!

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Well thanks for your replies and advice.
l guess best to use a local campsite and catch a bus in. I am a cyclist but traffic is a problem at times .. not as cycle friendly as Belgium.
Thanks again
Davwod

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
There is an Aire run by the Motorhome Club of Cartagen beside the Shell garage opposite the Rambla Shopping complex. Marked bays. EHU in overnight fee , Waste disposal free and Water metered. Pay the garage staff. 10 Euro 23:00 to 08:00 otherwise free. Gate is closed when the garage closes. Bus outside to City centre. N 37.615110 -1.005565

LPG/Autogas available at Filling Station. Very quiet at night but can be filled with cars at school start and finish for about 30mins.

Further out is Area Autocaravanas Cartagena http://www.areaautocaravanas.com has lots of large, level pitches and on-site security. It’s also got full service facilities, including:
  • Wi-Fi
  • Fresh water
  • Toilet/black water emptying
  • Grey water disposal
  • Laundry
  • Shower / toilet
  • Electricity
  • Security
  • Picnic area and playground
  • Fresh bread daily
  • Pets allowed
N37.653611 -1.003333 Short walk to bus into City Centre.

I can recommend them both.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The nearest site is La Manga and is full or was a couple of days ago. We were in Cartagena yesterday but in our C1 which we bring down but I did notice some motor homes parked up just along from the sea front but that could be day parking. As mentioned the train from Los Nietos is very good and cheap and you can park just outside the stain for the day.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I drove into Cartagena a couple of times a few weeks ago. I was driving a small hire car and struggled to find somewhere to park so don't attempt it in a motorhome!
We use the underground car park near the harbour.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
It's not that low, used to park the Volvo XC 90 there when we had it.
A Campervan is a lot taller than a Smart or a Volvo. There are height markers as I remember as you go in but by that time you are committed to a reverse out against the flow of the traffic trying to get in behind you. It is possible to park along the roadside by the harbour though during the day. I have parked the Hymer S700. However the Aire is easier to park in.

Reactions: f6c

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
If it helps or you need to do it.... remember that in Spain you can legally park anywhere that any other vehicle can park (note: NOT "camp"....so no awning or chairs etc out , or ramps down etc, but just pull up at side of road and park).
If you then choose to remain inside that vehicle once it's parked, that doesn't affect the fact that you are legally parked at all.
We often simply park up overnight in a quiet road in the suburbs of the Spanish city/town that we are visiting, and indeed have done so several times in/around Cartagena.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
The Underground car park by the harbour IS very low. Not much more than Head height in a few spots!. we where only parking a Punto!, Have look at the Roman Amphitheatre if it`s still open?, they where doing the dig still when we where last there. Interesting OLD town too, Just dont do it "Santa Semana" (Easter) Like we did,!!. Took HOURS to get back out!!. Nice Waterfront Bars and Cafe`s too. There where several "Tall ships" alongside, including the big Russian one.

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
A Campervan is a lot taller than a Smart or a Volvo. There are height markers as I remember as you go in but by that time you are committed to a reverse out against the flow of the traffic trying to get in behind you. It is possible to park along the roadside by the harbour though during the day. I have parked the Hymer S700. However the Aire is easier to park in.
Thanks, I was however replying to the person parking a hire car.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
we parked here
Camperpark Cartagena
Molino derribao s/n
30310 Cartagena
Spain
http://www.campercontact.com/en/spa...9/motorhome-parking-camperpark-cartagena.aspx
Motorhome (2 persons incl. taxes): € 10.00 / € 12.00 | Waste water discharge: Free | Chemical toilet discharge: Free | Water: Free | Electricity: Free
all facilities elec/washrooms/lounge area etc....
local bus very near to get into town very cheap & easy.
hubby cycled in on his own but was bit of an experience with the traffic & he is a well seasoned cyclist!!!
would recommend this place - there is nowhere to park in town!
Ditto that. Very easy to catch bus. Make sure to recognise the landmarks to get off the bus coming back.ps Lovely roman ruins. Great place to visit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back