Parking Ticket (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Had the van parked in the street for two nights, I normally have it in storage but due to being between trips thought I would save time by having near by . I displayed the daily parking permit as where I live is permit only. The guidelines state the permit should be displayed nearside dashboard or on the near side window. I displayed on the nearside window . When I got home from work there was a parking ticket waiting for me (£130) £65 if paid within 14 days. I went on line to check the photographs the warden took to confirm it was parked illegally. The ticket stated no ticket displayed. The photos online were of the van from different angles but no photo of the nearside window displaying the permit were online. So I've taken my own photos proving I did have a permit displayed. I find it so frustrating , I now have to appeal a ticket I should not have been given. Arrrgh

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hope you get it sorted, so annoying unessary time and effort when someone does not do their job properly .

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Parking attendants are little [STRIKE]shi[/STRIKE] hitlers.

Challenge it but watch the small print on the ticket.

It used to be the procedure that you paid first and then appealed.

The sneaky [STRIKE]bast[/STRIKE] little morons have (at least in this area) sneaked in a little clause that says once you pay they will not reconsider the case:Angry:

So check the terms and conditions. If its the same as here , you appeal in 14 days and if your appeal is rejected, you then have a further 14 days to pay the reduced amount.

Good luck:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
home and dry....:thumb:

the appeal should be undertaken by an independant ajudicator who SHOULD question the warden as to why the vital photo of the n/s screen and dash was never taken, a point you should raise yourself at the [STRIKE][HI]tria[/HI][/STRIKE] interview.

actually saw the very same scenario on a tv documentry a while ago and because of the wardens ineptitude the appeal was found in favour of the driver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
BEFORE you complain, get the proceadures and legislation together in writing. Firstly email and enquire where a ticket should be displayed - make no mention of the offence. When you have the response stating nearside only, then you have something to show a judge. They stated nearside - but failed to give evidence showing the nearside of the vehicle and thus have no proof of an offence being committed.

It is like you accussing someone of hitting you car, showing a judge the picture of the car - but not the damaged side, but plead that it is damaged. Say that to the judge as well - make them realise what is being tried on here - it is fraud after all.

OP
OP
Kevinthecat
Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
The parking permit booklet states clearly that the permit must be displayed on the nearside dashboard or nearside window . My appeal will be based on that the warden didn't take a photo of the nearside window but all other areas of the van. Hi Chris, the appeal process is similar to your area.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Independent Parking tribunal is the place to go .

For future reference as it looks as though the attendants are less than honest,at future parking incidents photograph the ticket with the date and time impressed. It may be a bind,but it will give you ammo if the little s**t tries it again!

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Sorry to hear about this, I hope you can get it all sorted out soon.

Why is it that the world has more than it's fair share of little Hitlers these days. It obviously gives them great pleasure to make others lives a misery:Angry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Surely if the parking permit booklet states that the permit must be displayed in a particular place then any allegation of an offence must necessarily include photos of that area in the evidence. How can an allegation hope to succeed otherwise?

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Don`t pay ,fight it,
What deserves a ticket is this which I have seen a few times, just because-- "my car is better than yours" and I park as I want :Angry:

Attachments

• Ferrari.jpg
    Ferrari.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 68

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Surely if the parking permit booklet states that the permit must be displayed in a particular place then any allegation of an offence must necessarily include photos of that area in the evidence. How can an allegation hope to succeed otherwise?

easy Graham......they hope you dont question the ticket or think its too much trouble to appeal so dont bother and just pay up. :Angry:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Don`t pay ,fight it,
What deserves a ticket is this which I have seen a few times, just because-- "my car is better than yours" and I park as I want :Angry:

True - but not just the flash cars. We were at a local shopping centre last week and I noticed the car parking attendant photographing a Nissan Primera from all angles. The idiot driver had left it straddling four bays in the busiest part of the car park.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
easy Graham......they hope you dont question the ticket or think its too much trouble to appeal so dont bother and just pay up. :Angry:

They don't do that in ShiftZZ's neck of the woods.::bigsmile:

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Just covering all bases here.

What is the max weight of your Swift Bolero. If it is under 3.5t, then should not be a problem. If it is over 3.5t, then you need to check the conditions of your Resident Parking Scheme. Many councils have a maximum weight limit of 3.5t, with some having a separate scheme (read more expensive and more restrictive) for vehicles over 3.5t.

If you council is one of these, and your van is over 3.5t, then you may well have committed the offence stated on the ticket i.e. not displaying a valid parking ticket/permit.

Worth checking out before challenging.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just covering all bases here.

What is the max weight of your Swift Bolero. If it is under 3.5t, then should not be a problem. If it is over 3.5t, then you need to check the conditions of your Resident Parking Scheme. Many councils have a maximum weight limit of 3.5t, with some having a separate scheme (read more expensive and more restrictive) for vehicles over 3.5t.

If you council is one of these, and your van is over 3.5t, then you may well have committed the offence stated on the ticket i.e. not displaying a valid parking ticket/permit.

Worth checking out before challenging.

Certainly worth a check but, notwithstanding that, if the nearside window wasn't photographed then the permit wasn't photographed so, surely, there is still no evidence to prove that the offence was committed is there?

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
Certainly worth a check but, notwithstanding that, if the nearside window wasn't photographed then the permit wasn't photographed so, surely, there is still no evidence to prove that the offence was committed is there?

If this is the case, the appeal will ask to see the alleged valid ticket claimed to be displayed. No ticket - appeal dismissed.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Got my one and only parking ticket last year, they had done road works in a side street , I saw a gap in a line of parked cars and slipped in, when I returned I had a ticket, took notice of where I was parked and took photos, they said my car was brown, it was grey, also they had not put in yellow lines there wasn`t any there before but were going to take the lines further down the street when re painting them, they hadn`t finished that job by putting an end to the yellow lines, , so in effect I wasn`t parked illegally, I didn`t have to pay the fine, I challenged it straight the way and sent in my photos and a copy of my vehicle document with the colour grey on it.

Once you have challenged it they have to wait until it is decided one way or the other whether you have to pay it or not, you don`t stand a chance if you pay first and then challenge it.

OP
OP
Kevinthecat
Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Ticket kept , currently in Dorset , night sky so dark the stars look fantastic. Appeal will be made on my return to London . I'm thinking to myself why do I live in london with so much beauty outside this very challenging city. ( london is a fantastic city) Everyone's comments/advice is so much appreciated . I so love/appreciate this web site :)

OP
OP
Kevinthecat
Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Quick update , letter from Southwark Parking arrived today, informing me that they have cancelled the parking ticket charge having considered my correspondence . :thumb:
Now lets get ready for a long weekend away :Smile:
Thank you for your support fellow funsters :winky:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Quick update , letter from Southwark Parking arrived today, informing me that they have cancelled the parking ticket charge having considered my correspondence . :thumb:
Now lets get ready for a long weekend away :Smile:
Thank you for your support fellow funsters :winky:

Great news:thumb:

Margaret & Bill

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Its nice to see a REAL VICTORY for a change. well done!:thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The parking permit booklet states clearly that the permit must be displayed on the nearside dashboard or nearside window . My appeal will be based on that the warden didn't take a photo of the nearside window but all other areas of the van. Hi Chris, the appeal process is similar to your area.

Living in a City eh!:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back