parking ticket for parking in Ripon coach car park (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Belgium is even smaller and in a lot of areas they have laws compelling the councils to provide Motorhome parking, if they can do it I don't see the reasons for all the stupid objections the UK comes up with.
Nearly every time someones tries to do something, local councilors, camp sites and hoteliers complain, just pig ignorant in my opinion, they can't get it through their thick heads that people with Motorhomes don't stay in hotels, and a campsite miles out of town that needs to be booked 6 months in advance is not an option.

I'll carry on voting with my feet and hop on the nearest ferry and spend my hard earned cash where it's welcome.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
We visited Ripon on a Saturday and because all the centre car parks were busy the only place we could fit our van in was in the coach car park. There was only one small coach, more like a minibus parked there. It did state coaches only but many times we have been directed to park in coach car parks, so we thought we'd be OK. Although it was free, we bought a ticket from the nearby car park to show we weren't trying to get out of paying for a parking space. We shopped in town, spending £40+ and came back to a £70 parking ticket. So be warned, motorhomes can't use Ripon's coach park. I read another post on here where someone else did and they seemed to be ok. They got a ticket for not paying for multiple bays, which is fair enough. Seems crazy when other areas of the country and Yorkshire do allow motorhomes to use them. We thought we were being considerate by keeping out of everyone's way.
I would at least write and point out that as my ticket was invalid and that I was given a penalty, I would like the cost of the ticket back.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Belgium is even smaller and in a lot of areas they have laws compelling the councils to provide Motorhome parking, if they can do it I don't see the reasons for all the stupid objections the UK comes up with.
Because of the legislation going back to the 1930s, as mentioned above.

We can't alter the fact that vehicle based camping in the UK developed differently over the last 75-100 years from the way it did on the continent. If people won't (metaphorically) get off their backsides and make positive representations to councils nothing will happen. If people simply insult councils it will have a negative effect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back