Parking sensors (1 Viewer)

Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
Our Summit Prime 540 did not come with rear parking sensors nor was it offered by the dealer as an a option ( the van we purchased was a new one already in stock in July). Subsequently spoke to the dealer about 2 weeks ago who then quoted £300 for the sensors and which also necessitated another long trip back to the dealer for fitting. Instead found a company on line who today fitted wireless rear sensor system all in for just over £200. This was all done up my drive within about an hour. Tidy job and all working well.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Our Summit Prime 540 did not come with rear parking sensors nor was it offered by the dealer as an a option ( the van we purchased was a new one already in stock in July). Subsequently spoke to the dealer about 2 weeks ago who then quoted £300 for the sensors and which also necessitated another long trip back to the dealer for fitting. Instead found a company on line who today fitted wireless rear sensor system all in for just over £200. This was all done up my drive within about an hour. Tidy job and all working well.
I actually think that is very expensive considering my wireless kit cost less than £30. £150 per hour to fit It seems a tad expensive. :Eeek:

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Might be worth doing a review on them for others to find if needed.

OP
OP
Jimjo
Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
I actually think that is very expensive considering my wireless kit cost less than £30. £150 per hour to fit It seems a tad expensive. :Eeek:
The Steelmate kit I’ve had fitted costs £93.99

(PTS400W1 (C) Rear Parking Sensors With Wireless Speaker)​

and comes with a warranty so just over £100 for (two fitters) working up my drive doesn’t seem to bad to me . Whilst I know I could probably have done it myself, our van is brand new and I preferred it to be fitted by a professional.
There is another company online offering what looks like an identical set , but also including front sensors, for £799 (at their premises) so overall I’m still personally ok with £200 😀👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jimjo
Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
Might be worth doing a review on them for others to find if needed.
Here’s the link if anyone is interested. Very easy to arrange with a quick call - job done within two weeks of phone call - good price - two fitters, very professional and polite. Kit looks fine for my purpose

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
The Steelmate kit I’ve had fitted costs £93.99

(PTS400W1 (C) Rear Parking Sensors With Wireless Speaker)​

and comes with a warranty so just over £100 for (two fitters) working up my drive doesn’t seem to bad to me . Whilst I know I could probably have done it myself, our van is brand new and I preferred it to be fitted by a professional.
There is another company online offering what looks like an identical set , but also including front sensors, for £799 (at their premises) so overall I’m still personally ok with £200 😀👍🏻

That is an expensive kit.

I've only ever fitted this kit to all my new vans. Easy to install and they have all been trouble free.
It includes the hole saw and has a three years warranty.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jimjo
Jun 11, 2021
Pinner, UK
Funster No
MH
Globecar 540
Exp
Since 2019
That is an expensive kit.

I've only ever fitted this kit to all my new vans. Easy to install and they have all been trouble free.
It includes the hole saw and has a three years warranty.

Well good luck to you!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well it's better value than the £20 kit hubby bought a few years ago which he has never fitted to anything, same with dashcam.🙄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back