Parking on a closed road. (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I recently took part in a charity carnival parade and used my motorhome as a support vehichle for people to change in. It was allowed entry onto the road that was closed for the floats to assemble and left on a single yellow line, I couldnt see any restriction signs on lamp post only signs stating road closed 6am - 6 pm. I now find out that manchester city centre only has signs on entry roads stating it is a controlled zone, which is fair enough. Anyway once the parade was complete and we returned to the MH the road had been opened early and i was given a £35 PCN, which is now £70 as I was allowed 14 days from the date the appeal reply letter was served and as I am f***timer and only get my post every few weeks. My main bone of contention is that they say that "even if a road is closed restrictions are still enforceable." ????? Can anyone point me to where I can see this legislation cos I cant find anything . I can hardly afford to eat at the mo never mind pay for parking fines.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I would expect the legislation applicable would be the TRO covering the road in question. In general I would expect restrictions to be enforced at least as much during a closure as (depending on the reason for closure) a vehicle might cause more of an obstruiction than normal.

Having said that it might be worth appealing on the grounds that you had been given permission to park during the 6am to 6pm period and it wasn't your fault that the road was opened early.

Graham

ArenqueRojo

Free Member
Nov 10, 2008
Anywhere in Europe, so fa
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
13 years
There is an independent appeals body that almost all local authorities will agree to.
Link Removed
Good luck - I would let you off:Cool:
Patrick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back