Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Does anyone know of a safe place to park our precious motorhome whilst we go shopping in Harrogate? Any help would be appreciated.

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
There is a multi storey in the centre of Harrogate but height maybe a problem for you, also another one about a mile from the centre, which if I remember rightly also has another car park ( uncovered ) over the road from it that maybe ok for you, if there are no height barriers. On street parking with meters is another option in Harrogate, but unsure if there are time limits on these. Its been 4 years since I worked in Harrogate so only going on where I used park and sorry cant remember street names as I was on auto pilot ::bigsmile:

Regards

Dale

sanandreas

Free Member
Sep 20, 2008
Derby
Funster No
MH
C class
We visited Harrogate earlier this year and parked in a car park near the shopping centre.
We parked in the corner out of the way. When we returned there was a warden writing out a ticket and and pasting it on the windscreen.

I had parked in a disabled parking space - I hadn't noticed the sign which was quite small and placed on a wooden fence at the rear of the space. Where I live the large disable markings are on the floor of the parking spaces. I should have been more observant before parking.

The warden was disinterested in my explanation - fine was £70 - I paid within the fortnight for £35.
Take care where you park and have a good look for small signs!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
You can leave it outside my house, I live on the A61 in Leeds. Then get the 36 bus into Harrogate.

OP
OP
V

Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Thank you everyone for your enlightening replies and would very much like to thank Jezport for the offer - sounds great!

OP
OP
V

Venita

Free Member
Jul 6, 2009
Co. Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
I think I could just about manage that!::bigsmile: