Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Longer than I care to remember
According to my Fiat handbook for the 120Multijet parking light fuses are in a fuse box which in my model (Ducato) does not exist though it does in the people carrier type unit. :Sad: Anybody got an idea where this fuse is as my parking lights are not working but all other running lights are. We have been motorhomig since the late 60's (mainly Home built until the 90's) but I'm stuck on this one. The only thing as far as i can see is to pull every fuse one at a time and that is a bit of a pain to see the least. :cry: Cheers, Jacobus.

OP
OP
J

jacobus

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Parking lights

A reasonable question and the reasonable answer is I dont know. :Smile:

Bought vehicle 2nd hand but it has been through 2 MOT's in the 7 months we have owned it but it was only recently that I realised parking lights are not working. I assume (never do that Watson) parking lights would be covered by MOT? I am aware in the UK on well lit streets they are not strictly necessary but we spend a lot of time on the Continent. Why fit them but not connect them up? from sunny Lisbon, Jacobus.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
it could have changed over the last few years so may not apply now but.....

look at the ignition lock barrel, there may be a red elongated button just in front of the key slot.

with the key in the off position, press in the button and hold it in.
turn the key backwards (anticlockwise) until it stops then remove the key.

your parking lights should now be on.

to turn them off simply use the key to start engine or just turn to the off position and remove key as usual.

your driving side lights work as normal when the ignition is on (ign off, all lights off as well) so not a problem for the MOT.

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, bit confused about the vehicle you have, your avatar says Mazda bongo, you also mention Ducato. :Smile:

The only thing I know about Fiats that I have owned ( old model :ROFLMAO: ), they have had a little button on the ignition and you push that in, and turn the key back that extra position and your parking lights come ON and the key comes out of the ignition.

Hope you get it sorted. :thumb: Bob.

John got there first. :thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jacobus

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Parking lights

Thanks guys no red button but a piece of black plastic sticking out of the edge of ignition switch turned out to be the equivelant of the red button. :winky:

Having said that, that is not what is said in the handbook, still, lights do work and I was able to update a Swiss Motorhomer on site as he did not know about it either. Cheers, from still sunny Lisbon. Jacobus. :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back