Parking in Morecanbe (1 Viewer)

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
The large carpark behind the Winter Gardens in Morecambe has new owners - check out these notices, looks like overnight parking may be allowed.

Attachments

• Parking 1.jpg
    Parking 1.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 61
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 65
  • photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 56

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I don't know about any change of ownership but that charging regime was in place when we were last in Morecambe in June 2007.

However, on the downloadable PDF (Parking charges at privately operated car parks) on the Lancaster Parking Page it says "No overnight parking" so it would be worth checking with Predator Security UK Limited (address and phone numbers also on the PDF) before doing so. Also, if parking is allowed, habitation may not be.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Not the 'nicest' part of town, but if you go along the front towards Kendal, you come to Hest Bank. Cross the level crossing, (on your left, next to the chippy), and you can park overlooking the sea for nowt. Carry on, next village is Bolton-Le-sands. On the way out of the Ville, heading North, turn left, down a lane, over the railway by a bridge this time, and you come to a similar car parking area, overlooking the sea again. No restrictions posted on either site. ::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
You mean there is actually a "nicest" part of Morecambe? :roflmto:
I was going to say, did I miss something when I spent the day there many years ago. They sound desperate to me.:Smile:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I was going to say, did I miss something when I spent the day there many years ago. They sound desperate to me.:Smile:

It has changed, drastically in some ways. Many millions have been spent on the sea front, sand imported to make nice beaches, lovely walk down the sea front, and the old Midland Railway Art Deco hotel refurbished to it's former glory, in the shape of a ship. Stunning.
However, the town centre is dirty, shops mostly closed down, a right hole. Still, you cant have everything! :Doh:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
its Like me saying "I'm going to Kill you", its illegal to make the threat, and so the threat of clamping is illegal, how that affects the validity of the rest of the notice I have no idea but it's not very something or other if only I could find the damn word, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
its Like me saying "I'm going to Kill you", its illegal to make the threat, and so the threat of clamping is illegal, how that affects the validity of the rest of the notice I have no idea but it's not very something or other if only I could find the damn word, hee hee:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PLEASE dont kill me, I only went for my glasses, then thought....."Need a wee", then made a brew, then.....errrrrrrrrrr. ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back