Parking in Minehead (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Anyone recently stayed over in Minehead?
Just loolked on SFS's at the sea front car park, and a couple of the reviews says that there will be Motorhome parking (Overnight) allowed after July subject to a fee (£5). That's good news, but just wondered if anyone has recently visited Minehead, as thinking of spending a few days in that area at the end of the month.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We enjoyed using the CCC site there. Its a sharp entry on a steep road so no tuggers are allowed.

chipy111

Free Member
Sep 4, 2013
cornwall
Funster No
MH
fiat ducati
Exp
Anyone recently stayed over in Minehead?
Just loolked on SFS's at the sea front car park, and a couple of the reviews says that there will be Motorhome parking (Overnight) allowed after July subject to a fee (£5). That's good news, but just wondered if anyone has recently visited Minehead, as thinking of spending a few days in that area at the end of the month.
ll

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Nigel L
Apr 25, 2016
Soham, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Consort Oslo
Exp
Since 2016
Just bring thread back to the top again, as heading off on Wednesday.
Anyone been there recently.
Thanks.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Nigel
I haven't been there for a couple of years but I only live 30 miles down the road, I'm guessing the car park is the one near the steam railway station as that's the biggest one near the sea front.
Minehead has a decent little town, a few pubs etc, and as always in the U.K. the beach looks better if there's a bit of sunshine!
If I was visiting that area I would also look at visiting Lynton and Lynmouth, Porlock and also Dunster, I don't think you'd be disappointed if you visited that area, it's not a commercial type seaside resort, you can feel the history of the place, hope you enjoy.
Dave

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
We went earlier in the year, great curry house http://tajmahalminehead.co.uk/ quite near to Caravan and motorhome club site which is ok (not the best), Dunster castle and village lovely well worth a trip, you would be fine parking at Castle. Sorry but no idea about parking overnight.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We went earlier in the year, great curry house http://tajmahalminehead.co.uk/ quite near to Caravan and motorhome club site which is ok (not the best), Dunster castle and village lovely well worth a trip, you would be fine parking at Castle. Sorry but no idea about parking overnight.

Agree with you regarding the C&MC site, it's poorly situated and certainly not the best option

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back