Nov 28, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Hi Funsters,
We are keen to visit LORCA but have searched all the usual places for safe overnight parking to no avail,has anybody got experience of or ideas for said parking please.Thanks in anticipation

Flamenca

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 21, 2013
Europe
Funster No
MH
Hymer 564
Exp
Since 2010
Might be worth you installing Park4Night app if you can. The app lists four locations in Lorca. The one with the most reviews is Gasolinera SOMOS CEPSA 37.6591, -1.69822

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Andalucia!!! Wash your mouth out.

The nearest official overnight parking I know to is at Caravans Lorca but it's out of the town.

@gus-lopez lives at Lorca so he may have more knowledge.

The other option is to park outside and take the train into Lorca.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Totana has a safe camperstop :LOL:

You can cycle to Lorca centre 25km and then the same back, on a flat canal road! With the exception of one very short hill where the canal goes through!!!

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
Parking with the facilities in Huercal Overa, 30 mins south on motorway.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Totana has a safe camperstop :LOL:

You can cycle to Lorca centre 25km and then the same back, on a flat canal road! With the exception of one very short hill where the canal goes through!!!

You can drive to a day parking in 25 minutes or so from Totana

jtp890

Free Member
May 16, 2014
wakefield
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7014
Exp
13 years on n off
No, you would have to bus it. Coach station 5 mins from parking.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If looking for an actual 'site' then no I can't think of anywhere. Personally I'd use the outside parking area of the 'Parque Almenara' commercial centre.
Or even quieter but in same place , go around the back of MediaMarkt/Corte Asia where there is parking on one side of road that has never been used since it was built. Or past the commercial centre around the back where it is all laid out for housing , half a dozen different roads with nothing in & go nowhere so no passing traffic.
There are regular buses into town from the commercial centre during the day until around 10pm
Only 5 minutes into Lorca where you could park up in the pay car park next to Lidl's. Or use the car park next to the Visitors centre ( Taller del Tiempo)
Ideal spot this would be as from there you can get the little visitors train that does the town tour & finishes at the castle .(Not sure when it starts running though)
I had a look at a couple of those in park4 night & the one in town is down very narrow roads & is a waste ground car park last I saw . Additionally it is also inside the " Nothing over 6m in length" restricted area.As is the one round by the National police station & which is also waste ground parking .
Last motorhome I saw parked there was blocked in by people parking for work in the mornings.:D

I'd use & do use regularly all & any of the above parking for prolonged periods when I go in to town using the motorhome.
When are you proposing to come is also a factor & how big is your MH ?
Other than that there is only what judith , @jumartoo , stated either camping sierra espuña Totana side of Lorca or caravanaslorca which is on the Saprelorca industrial estate & on the Puerto Lumbreras side.
I can think of lots of quiet overnight places in the outskirts of town but you would still need to travel into town. i'll rack my brains a bit more.:)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If you are proposing visiting the castle then there is excellent parking up there which , unless it has changed ,is free if going in castle.

& please don't confuse us with the beggars next door.:)

Los Andaluces vagos
Los Vascos etarras
Los Valencianos corruptos
Los Catalanes tacaños
Al final los únicos normales son los Murciano(y):LOL:

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi Funsters,
We are keen to visit LORCA but have searched all the usual places for safe overnight parking to no avail,has anybody got experience of or ideas for said parking please.Thanks in anticipation

How keen are you, this week, next week or just adding it to your plan....if as @jumartoo suggests you fancy using Totana camperstop, then the Totana to Lorca train is the best option, we live next door to the camperstop and can get you to the train, but not until Friday this week.

OP
OP
skipper64

skipper64

Free Member
Nov 28, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Many thanks for your informative replies.Sorry about the delay in thanking everyone,especially gus-lopez,but had a problem renewing Internet,all sorted now.Will sift through the info.and make a decision.We hope to be there Thursday and have a 7metre van.Once again many thanks for taking the time to post a reply.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
If looking for an actual 'site' then no I can't think of anywhere. Personally I'd use the outside parking area of the 'Parque Almenara' commercial centre.
Or even quieter but in same place , go around the back of MediaMarkt/Corte Asia where there is parking on one side of road that has never been used since it was built. Or past the commercial centre around the back where it is all laid out for housing , half a dozen different roads with nothing in & go nowhere so no passing traffic.

Many thanks for this info, gus. (y) We are planning on parking up around the Parque Almenara tonight so that we can visit Lorca places of interest tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back