Parking for Lewes station. (1 Viewer)

Oct 17, 2016
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
1996 swift kontiki
Exp
New(ish)
Could anyone tell me where I can park on a Saturday for the day to catch a train at Lewes station ( near Brighton) to go to Sussex university for an open day. I'm happy to pay and don't mind a walk. The station car park has a height restriction apparently. Not looking to overnight, just 8 am until about 4pm. Thanks in advance

OP
OP
mcb1
Oct 17, 2016
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
1996 swift kontiki
Exp
New(ish)
Parking at the university has to be booked on an open day and there's no space left. What's the Amax? I'm coming from Cardiff so have no idea what's in the area sorry.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
I don't know if this is an option. There is a Camping & Motorhome Club CL site on a farm at Cooksbridge close to Cooksbridge railway station. I can send you details if you like. You can also find a full-blown Club site in Brighton 1000 mtrs from a bus stop 3 miles from the train station. Again I can copy the information from the club book.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Campercontact 9877 in central Lewes

6BF85435-6ECA-4240-94A0-5899F23F94F8.png

OP
OP
mcb1
Oct 17, 2016
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
1996 swift kontiki
Exp
New(ish)
Thanks Robert, that looks a possible solution. It's an ncp carpark so I may ring them to see if I need two bays .

The train service from cooks bridge seems to be for weekday commuters. There appears to be no service on a Saturday.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks Robert, that looks a possible solution. It's an ncp carpark so I may ring them to see if I need two bays .

The train service from cooks bridge seems to be for weekday commuters. There appears to be no service on a Saturday.
I think there are busses from Lewes to Brighton - might be worth checking that too

OP
OP
mcb1
Oct 17, 2016
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
1996 swift kontiki
Exp
New(ish)
The train runs regularly from Lewes to Falmer which is right opposite the Uni which is why I was looking at Lewes. Parking a motorhome in Brighton and catching a train from there appears to be a nightmare! My original plan was to stay at Brighton caravan club site which is right on the correct bus route but the site is fully booked. It's proving to be a bit of a pain so now I plan to drive up on Friday and stay probably at a pub stop overnight and then on to Lewes by 8.30 ish. Probably a stopover on the way back as well. It's a long way from Cardiff for a few hours visit!

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Screenshot_20171012-080940.png
You can park in Stammer park next to the Uni I have also seen people overnight in the park.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Don't even think about taking your van into Lewes its bad enough in a car.
As said Stammer Park a possibility. Should be OK during the day at Amex not sure about overnighting. Amex Stadium is the Brighton and hove football stadium also used for track events, big car park its next to Brighton University and across the road from University of Sussex.

OP
OP
mcb1
Oct 17, 2016
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
1996 swift kontiki
Exp
New(ish)
Thanks guys, I've spent hours on this now.
I'm looking at Saturday 21st week after next. There's no football so I'm going to ring the amex stadium and ask but apparently they only have 150 spaces.
I went to York uni open day a couple of weeks ago and they had a park and ride at an airfield, I was surprised how many people attended. They had about 20 double decker buses ferrying the people back and fore. My van is 7 metres long so it's not going to go in a single space so parking close to the Uni will probably be impossible. Hence looking a little further away near a station.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If youre travelling from teh west in to Lewes you can do a left at the prison traffic lights and plenty on road parking (wide road) up there that was free a couple of years ago.

No need to panic as they dont release prisoners on a saturday.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I reckon your be fine at the amex they have coach spaces

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun