LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Do any PVC owners realised how loud and how bloody annoying a bloody sliding door is :oops:
Yes...

...and?

There's plenty of things that annoy me on a site... loud screaming kids, yapping dogs to name but two, but I accept that I'm in a shared space... just like if I'm on an aircraft or in a restaurant.

Don't like whoosh bang?
Be like Lenny HB, go somewhere else

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
I love the way the post come up out of sequence.

Do like Lenny HB and move on.

I only have to put up with the brain dead tosser for only one night.

I know what you meant but it made me smile

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Reading some of these posts I just wonder why some people camp.If you leave your house it's rather obvious that you will meet other people somewhere who in some way don't come up to your expectations. They may speak to you or park close or even play music etc.But isn't that what travelling is all about.I enjoy meeting up with other people of different backgrounds,nationality etc.BUSBY😁😁

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I open mine in the morning and close it at bedtime.Surely that's allowed.BUSBY.
Never heard you when we're next to me.
It's the idiots that have keep slamming them all night long, 1am, 2am, 3am ect., that I object to.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Should be a law, only allowed to open & close sliding doors between 9am and 10pm.
Had one bloke on a wild spot in Luxembourg a couple of years ago must have opened and slammed his door at least 10 times all through the night.
We have never really noticed apart from once when a PVC parked next to us on a campsite. Weirdest thing - the door kept being open and closed all night - honestly ALL night! I am partly deaf so after a while fell asleep but hubby was a quivering wreak next day, said every time he dropped off it would be slammed shut again - what the hell were they doing?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I open mine in the morning and close it at bedtime.Surely that's allowed.BUSBY.

Its only the ones who don't realise the noise those doors are making who become annoying.
Especially when the they rise at the crack of dawn - take the dog for a walk and then start making an alfresco breakfast. :Eeek:

Isn't it possible to make them quieter by oiling the sliders?:drinks:

Bubble 12

Free Member
Aug 5, 2020
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1982
When funsters park next to strangers, do you park,so that you avoid, where possible, that your habitation door is not directly opposite your neighbour?
I appreciate that depending on whether the vehicle is a Continental make, or a home produced model, that the doors may be on opposite sides.
I’vejust had a Dethelffs park next to me in a Pilote. They then after an hour or so turned their vehicle around and parked so that our open doors meant we were looking into one another. I moved without commenting. They then moved to occupy the space I vacated!
We have a rear lounge so the only issue for us is which way has the best view, however, some sites stipulate that we park by reversing into the pitch, so we end up looking at a hedge or as was the case last time this happened, looking straight at the toilet block. The hab door is irrelevant as far as we're concerned.
People should be given the choice and respect their neighbours accordingly.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
some sites stipulate that we park by reversing into the pitch, so we end up looking at a hedge or as was the case last time this happened, looking straight at the toilet block.

WHY??

I assume you never went back there again

Herbyventures

Free Member
Oct 17, 2019
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit selfbui
Exp
I'd think it a bit strange if someone's idea of a nice view was the interior of our van, but sounds to me more likely that they were concerned about something else, like the level as someone else suggested. We went to a site recently that is a bit uneven and having seen the lengths some people go to to level their vans, I've realised that some people are very, very fussy about that. We have a social distancing dog, so we always try very hard to be somewhere that our dog isn't looking directly at anyone else's dogs. We all have our odd little priorities!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back