Parking Cite Europe (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
It’s because they have had a lot of problems with illegal’s trying to get onto or in vans.?
But that’s not carrefour’s problem though is it really, “Owners park at there own risk” etc etc....

I don’t know if the police or business has had any complaints...? I suppose there wouldn’t be any immigrants hanging around to get into/under motor homes if there not parked there...?

just moves the problem on rather then solves it...?

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I mentioned it earlier and thought I’d bring it up again just in case anyone missed it. Neufchâtel Hardelot about 30-40 minutes towards Rouen. Free parking but no services, very quiet and if you see anybody apart from a few cars it’s unusual. We’ve stayed there for many one nighters with no problems. We have always had at least one other MH for company although rarely a British one.

As a lot of the big houses (probably posh holiday homes) are empty if you don’t like being isolated it might not be for you but we feel safer when in less busy places. It’s on CC and Search for sites.

We have stayed here on numerous occasions before and after using Eurotunnel, lovely quiet area, plenty of parking, but as said, no services.

Beatrice

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 597
Exp
Since 1995
I have read on a few sites it’s the police moving you on, sending you to Lidl carpark. Supposedly a security guard on Lidl’s. We have always used cite carpark, so no idea where a Lidl is to give directions. Trouble is these people are scattered everywhere, the daughter came through Cherbourg in August and the police were chasing them away from the port. Stay safe all, doors locked at all times.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have read on a few sites it’s the police moving you on, sending you to Lidl carpark. Supposedly a security guard on Lidl’s. We have always used cite carpark, so no idea where a Lidl is to give directions. Trouble is these people are scattered everywhere, the daughter came through Cherbourg in August and the police were chasing them away from the port. Stay safe all, doors locked at all times.
It is Cite Europe who have decided to stop overnighting and have now got signs up giving you the times that you can park, see post #33 above.

Lidl is at the other end of the road the Aire is on, opposite the McDonalds and Hotels. You drive pass it on your left if you are coming into the Cite Europe Aire from the Eurotunnel terminal. But I don't think that the police, or the security guards are telling you to stay at Lidl.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Gravelines is ok, you have to pay and it can be a bit noisy, pleasant to look at the boats tho.
The other ‘site’ at Gravelines is a bit out the way, we used it several times and there was always a MH there in the same place-think they were workers somewhere-then someone said they had used the site and had youngsters in cars asking for booze and pestering them. We decided it was too much to risk as there is nothing down there, very isolated!

Beatrice

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 597
Exp
Since 1995
It is Cite Europe who have decided to stop overnighting and have now got signs up giving you the times that you can park, see post #33 above.

Lidl is at the other end of the road the Aire is on, opposite the McDonalds and Hotels. You drive pass it on your left if you are coming into the Cite Europe Aire from the Eurotunnel terminal. But I don't think that the police, or the security guards are telling you to stay at Lidl.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• 212494E1-E096-4B5C-AF01-AE44F0FCDE42.png
    212494E1-E096-4B5C-AF01-AE44F0FCDE42.png
    430.5 KB · Views: 74
Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Lidl car park is difficult for anything over 6Mtrs I would think.

I parked there last year fairly easily in a 7m MH with the rear overhanging the verge. The normal Carrefour carpark was closed for maintenance work.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back