OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
And don't tell me my opinions are wrong :)

1mxp7z.jpg

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Truck driver should have bought a house in an area with demand for drivers. Bad planning otherwise.
Demand for drivers change,,20 years ago there were hardly any driving vacancies in Lutterworth area,,now they cant get enough,,, 30 years ago loads of bulk coal tipper jobs in Yorks and Notts and Derbys,,no coal now,,Not as simple as it sounds,,BUSBY

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Many years ago i purchased my house near to the Blue Circle Depot i worked at,,,They closed it a few years later,,How can you plan for that,,Fact not opinion..BUSBY.
My wife died at 29. How could I plan for that? I got on with it.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
We used to have a decent railway system, I vaguely remember it, now we have have thousands of heavily subsidized lorries.

Deleted User
We used to have a decent railway system, I vaguely remember it, now we have have thousands of heavily subsidized lorries.
Of course the railways were never subsidised:).........a railway line coming to every street soon:rofl:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Please tell me what subsidy does road haulage receive,,,???BUSBY.

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Please tell me what subsidy does road haulage receive,,,???BUSBY.
Mr. Marples, Minister of Transport, owner of a road building company and transport firm, made the railways always charge more for freight than our caring road haulage companies. The motorway system, built for the small car owner, could have a better surface and last far longer without thousands of heavy lorries. If British Rail had half the subsidy we give to our foreign owned rail companies we would still have a decent rail system in spite of Ernest Marples.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
Mr. Marples, Minister of Transport, owner of a road building company and transport firm, made the railways always charge more for freight than our caring road haulage companies. The motorway system, built for the small car owner, could have a better surface and last far longer without thousands of heavy lorries. If British Rail had half the subsidy we give to our foreign owned rail companies we would still have a decent rail system in spite of Ernest Marples.
Rail has to charge more because of the amount of handling,,they had to collect most goods by road,,load it on a train and then deliver it by road at the other end..Still non the wiser about SUBSIDIES,,,,Thought i had been missing out for years,,BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back