ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
Rail has to charge more because of the amount of handling,,they had to collect most goods by road,,load it on a train and then deliver it by road at the other end..Still non the wiser about SUBSIDIES,,,,Thought i had been missing out for years,,BUSBY.
Handling what? My MH is taxed to pay for roads that I use. Lorries are taxed for using roads they make money from (and do ALL the damage to). Making money from something I have paid for is a subsidy.

Deleted User
Handling what? My MH is taxed to pay for roads that I use. Lorries are taxed for using roads they make money from (and do ALL the damage to). Making money from something I have paid for is a subsidy.
It could be said that my £250 a year tax for my 3500k PVC is subsidising ALL the damage and ALL the extra space that your 8m massive motorhome takes up for a tax rate of £165.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Trucks pay probably ten times as much road tax as you do,,,Handling the goods from road vehicle to train and back to road vehicle obviously costs money. BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Grayling reply.jpg

Next letter will be asking for cassette dump points and water (not free) to be included at lorry stops and all service areas

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
And do 100% of the damage. Since when do foreign "registered" trucks pay anything?
Trucks pay probably ten times as much road tax as you do,,,Handling the goods from road vehicle to train and back to road vehicle obviously costs money. BUSBY.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
And do 100% of the damage. Since when do foreign "registered" trucks pay anything?
They pay an entry fee into the UK at the Port of entry,,Not enough it my view but they do pay..Remember the huge amount of fuel tax paid by UK hauliers,,,most trucks probably use 40 gallons of diesel a day.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back