LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I’m a little confused now, I know not that difficult.
If a car park isn’t owned by the shop or shops.
You then over stay the time limit, how is the shop losing out on potential trade.
You could go and park there and not even go in any shop.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Because your rushing not to exceed the time limit parking. So perhaps not visiting the other shops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If a car park isn’t owned by the shop or shops.

The supermarket car parks are generally private and owned by the store(s), the parking company is employed by them to enforce the rules.. which they have set.
If there were no limit on parking time, a busy store near a town centre could be full of people shopping in the high street and not in the store, or going to the cinema or theatre .. yes, you may get some who don't shop in the supermarket .. so in store carparks where that will happen they have a pay and display ticket which is refunded when you purchased goods in the store.. again there is a time limit, we have this in Woodbridge for the Coop car park ..

repeating what I said earlier.. the parking rules are in place to ensure there is adequate parking for bona fide customers and not the fly parkers .. if the excess charge wasn't punitive it would be used as cheap parking..

fairford rambler

Free Member
Oct 1, 2017
Surrey
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2015
This is only meant to be taken with a pinch of salt, but is this what we need to beat the PCN vultures when we overstay our welcome. Please don't take this post too seriously unless you intend to get one or even two! No legality replies please, just a chuckle or a nice one will do.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Bailiffs would have to be sure who was the legal owner of the vehicle before seizing it. This might not be so easy unless they can get sight of a Bill of Sale, but even then it might have been later transferred to another family member other than the person owing the debt - not legal if done susequent to the judgement.

Geoff
yes but the ownership is on you to prove that you do not own the vehicle, not the other way around

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
yes but the ownership is on you to prove that you do not own the vehicle, not the other way around
No it isn't as if they seize it thinking that it is yours without confirming 100% that it is then it is theft & you report as stolen .
It cannot be " seized incorrectly", even by the police , it is theft.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
No it isn't as if they seize it thinking that it is yours without confirming 100% that it is then it is theft & you report as stolen .
It cannot be " seized incorrectly", even by the police , it is theft.
Well that's not what it says on "Can't pay and we will take it away" :rofl::rofl:

302x170.jpg

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
I very nearly lost an old tractor that way once a few years ago :eek:. I used to keep it in an unused field shelter in a field next to and included with a property that was rented (not by me). I got the nod that the tenant had gone bust in his business & the bailiffs were about to pounce. Swift bit of phoning around to find a new home for it otherwise I think it could well have disappeared. Not registered so no V5 showing ownership.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I think that if they are giving consideration to taking your motorhome away for failing to pay up for a parking charge, you must have had a hefty weight of number of PCNs.
NB PCN Parking Charge Notice. Not a fine.
Contract is with the driver.

I think the far more interesting data is, do you know, or even heard of, anyone, at any time, who has received a PCN (not a fine) who has not responded to them by saying "I was the driver of said vehicle at said time" who has been taken to Court, never even mind the baliffs ?

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'd like to see anyone try to repossess or "claim" our motorhome without the keys ...... it has the Vanbitz non starter and is parked at the end of the drive beyond the house and garage. No way would a low loader or tow truck be able to get "round the bend" without causing considerable damage to property or itself.

OP
OP
Highfour
Jun 30, 2015
N Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Years
Internal Appeal with Smart Parking failed. They seem determined to have their £100. Next stage is to appeal to the Industry Ombudsman (POPLA). Smart Parking have said that if I do appeal to POPLA, the result will not be back by 24 April and they will apply a £10 admin charge to the £100 for spite. Expensive 15 minute overstay. They are out of the same mould as loan sharks!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back