Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
UK and Europe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hello all,
Anyone heard about a new parking card and clock like the Disabled one for all EU countries?
I was on a site and the RV next door had a Disabled card I had not seen before yellow and blue, No photo on. Being nosy I asked him about it (I was told I would not get one by my doctor) said he bought it off the web and had been using it Europe for over a year with out any problems. Police and other look and walk away.

He said he would send me the address and e-mail. It has been 4 months and no word.
[FONT=&quot]Anyone heard about them or knows where to get them?????[/FONT]

Wintonian

Free Member
Nov 30, 2009
Brittany, France
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Here in Brittany (Pontivy, to be precise) we buy these cards at the local supermarkets. They are nothing to do with being disabled. Some car parks have areas which have restricted parking times. They are generally those closest to shops etc and the idea is to prevent long-stay parkers taking those spaces. More convenient for the shoppers, who want to come and go and park for, say, 90 minutes. In Pontivy the spaces are in a "Zone Bleu" and the places are marked with blue outlines. The cards are blue, with a rotating dial which you set to the time when you parked. If an attendant checks, he can see if you are abusing the privilege. (I have never actually seen a parking attendant!) The parking in these car parks is all free, of course. The large central car park is free at all times, unlike such a facility in the UK. And there is always a sprinkling of Camper Vans which are not excluded. There is, in fact, another car park just the other side of the bridge, alongside the river Blavet, where camper vans can spend the night, and where waste emptying facilities are provided. Within sight of the town centre and a short walk to shops and restaurants. And it is free.

I imagine other towns in Europe have a similar system. So long as you have a means of indicating your time of arrival, the colour and design should not matter. Even a hand-written note prominently displayed might even be sufficient. But for the 3 or 4 Euros cost, it is worth buying one or two for your cars.

As for disabled parking, most places in Europe provide ample parking for disabled. But you should remember that ripping citizens off for parking in publicly owned places, and employing armies of private fee collectors is very much a British thing. Outside the very large cities it is far more relaxed. I don't see much abuse of the disabled parking bays and there never appears to be a shortage of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

net-traveller

Free Member
Nov 24, 2007
Funster No
Used to be you could get the blue zone parking discs for free. They are a fairly standard design and are accepted all over.

Got one from a danish bank, another from the Austrian breakdown servce and now have a solid plastic one with a coin holder attached but can't remember where from.

Suggest you have a word with the local tourist office.

:Smile:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
These are in use in the old part of our local town, Saint Junien, and can be obtained from the tourist office which is on one corner of the central car park, where you can enjoy free parking without any time limit::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:! The blue time clocks can be used wherever there is a blue line along the edge of the parking bay, and generally give one and a half hours free parking. Couple that with the French 2-hour lunch time, when parking is free anyway and you can have up to 3 1/2 hours free.:winky:

The rest of the town, and the whole of the surrounding area, is free of any parking restrictions - such a difference from our infrequent visits to the UK!:thumb:

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hello all,
Anyone heard about a new parking card and clock like the Disabled one for all EU countries?
I was on a site and the RV next door had a Disabled card I had not seen before yellow and blue, No photo on. Being nosy I asked him about it (I was told I would not get one by my doctor) said he bought it off the web and had been using it Europe for over a year with out any problems. Police and other look and walk away.

He said he would send me the address and e-mail. It has been 4 months and no word.
[FONT=&quot]Anyone heard about them or knows where to get them?????[/FONT]

You can pick them up all over France, town halls, tourist information,.....around our area they are....... 1 euro each....some are plain like this one I have in my car or some may have advertising on.

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 16

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries