martinmonty

Free Member
Oct 16, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi all just a note to say beware of parking on marine parade at Dover. Parked there last night with three other vans and got a pcn this morning the other vans did not get one don' know why we did maybe the warden does not like frankia vans with a trailer but was not booked for that booked for van being parked in wrong place but as I say what about the other three not that I want them to get pcn but at end of day why me so good start to hols then we had to be tested for bomb explosives then we got in wrong Lane to book in at ferry so hopefully that's all three things and now all good ps I am appealing this pcn martin
Participants:
Please enter at least one valid recipient.
Separate names with a comma. You may invite up to 100 member(s).

Tom2023

Free Member
Mar 20, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B754
If Dover council are anything like Reigate & Banstead council they view parking fines as a great revenue scheme.

Were you parked wholly with a marked bay or were you occupying one and a bit?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Last time I was at the parade there was parking bays for about three motorhomes at one end and this was clearly signposted. The rest of the parking was for cars, although in the same area. Perhaps you were in the wrong bay. It's the only reason IMO why you were hit and they were not. They will have photographs to defend any claim from you so I think you should take it on the chin, pay now to save the fine from increasing. Have a good trip.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
It was not really clear when I parked there a while ago (about 18 months). Very easy to get it wrong. Luckily we were OK.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The MH parking is on Waterloo Crescent which runs along from Marine Parade:

https://www.dover.gov.uk/Search.aspx?search_keywords=channel

upload_2018-1-11_18-34-40.png

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I'm using the ferry this year - what do I look for to avoid choosing the wrong lane?
Large signs displayed over the lanes as you enter the port. Even if you select wrong lane you can change before you get to ticket booth.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Be extra careful when returning on the ferry to the UK..leaving the port stay in the right hand lane if you want the M20..if you get in the left lane, then before you know it you're up the ramp and on the wrong road with no hope of turning around for about 4 miles.
It happened to me twice last year. Very poor signage.

Allen

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
So it was a waste of my time telling everybody NOT TO PARK THERE it as changed a couple of months ago and the signs were changed. there are alternative carp parks but not big enough spaces for a van over 6metres.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So it was a waste of my time telling everybody NOT TO PARK THERE it as changed a couple of months ago and the signs were changed. there are alternative carp parks but not big enough spaces for a van over 6metres.
Trouble is that everybody won't have seen your comments ... where are they?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Trouble is that everybody won't have seen your comments ... where are they?
Thing is , folks just dip in as and when they want to say something or find out something, and the threads move that quick they can be gone in a couple hours, unless you are dedicated enough to search back there is no quick way of knowing.
Same as this op why would he have thought of searching back for something he didn't even know had happened?
Really no solution to that sort of thing, that is why the same old things keep coming up and have to be answered.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
WOW!. Back in the "good old days" we parked 32ft+20ft of trailer, along Marine Parade, right outside one of the bigger hotels. The Bureaucraps don`t half like making life difficult. If I am right the nearest parking for anything bigger than a car is outside Dover in that case?.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back