Parking at Carrefour Citieurope (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Does anyone know what’s happening at Citieurope? We are off for the winter next Friday late train and always park at Citieurope, reviewer on Campercontact says moved on last night by police to lidl. Problems with migrants? Why lidl? And does anyone know if it’s big enough for bigger MHs?

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
If thats your RV in the avatar I would be very careful at Lidl , there are large boulders all round the verges of the carpark.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Tam was there Tuesday night he said it was very quiet only a couple of other vans there. He saw a couple of dark guys wandering a about that could have been immigrants.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
There’s so much posted about migrants and Cite Europe, and not just on here. I wouldn’t go near it, especially when there are many quiet, free Aires further from the port.

Phod's

Free Member
Sep 1, 2018
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner A573 Ducato
Exp
Since 2008
Gravelines (aire, about e7.50)..........20 mins from Calais and always our first and last stop. SuperU 5 mins away same for a service point and the little town is very pretty. The Christmas market will be on too....... ho ho ho!

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
Tam was there Tuesday night he said it was very quiet only a couple of other vans there. He saw a couple of dark guys wandering a about that could have been immigrants.
".... couple of dark guys wandering about that could have been immigrants"??
reflect on this comment and how a "dark person" would feel being compartmentalised as being suspicious just because of their colour?
Are immigrants only "dark"? subsequently are dark people suspicious... ??

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
".... couple of dark guys wandering about that could have been immigrants"??
reflect on this comment and how a "dark person" would feel being compartmentalised as being suspicious just because of their colour?
Are immigrants only "dark"? subsequently are dark people suspicious... ??

We are talking specifically about Citie Europe not in general, please stop trying to cause friction all the time will you !!!

Last edited:

ctc

Oct 12, 2015
Crowle
Funster No
MH
Hymer b680
Exp
New
We are talking specifically about Citie Europe not in general, please stop trying to cause friction all the time will you !!!
After our, lengthy, holiday each year in la belle France I'm pretty dark and this causes friction with my very fair wife.

OP
OP
Julie P
Sep 3, 2014
Eccles, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
American RV A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for this guys not heard of Aire at gravelines. Looks as though we could get in there. Can be tricky as the RV needs a reasonably wide turn in but looks fine. We’ve never had a problem at Citieurope before but everything is telling us to give it a miss. Nick says if they get on board we are heading the wrong way so they’ll have a long walk back to Calais!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks for this guys not heard of Aire at gravelines. Looks as though we could get in there. Can be tricky as the RV needs a reasonably wide turn in but looks fine. We’ve never had a problem at Citieurope before but everything is telling us to give it a miss. Nick says if they get on board we are heading the wrong way so they’ll have a long walk back to Calais!
You can get anything in at gravelines, it's at the side of the road.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
The aire is alongside the wharf and pretty wide so you should have no problem getting in. The service point however is in a different location by the police station and is enclosed on three sides but easy to drive or reverse into.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I'm sitting in the car park at Citi Europe right now. There are a number of motorhomes here. There are also security guards patrolling with dogs. I don't know if this is usual or not as I've never been here before.

If I were a migrant I wouldn't go near the place. The place we stayed at last night was darker than a dark thing, no-one else around - the sort of place we love. If I were a migrant I know which place I'd try my hand at... and it wouldn't be Citi Europe!

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
how much darker than a dark thing can you possibly get ?
I mean that's pretty dam dark (excuse) my language

We like to stop in dark places with no light pollution. I have a thing about street lighting - I hate being in a lit place. That said, I'm going to have a fitful sleep tonight as Citi Europe has lights everywhere!

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
I think we dropped one off in Belgium after leaving Auchan in Calais, there were lots of them hanging about and as we were going along the motorway there was banging coming from underneath,then nothing. :eek:

Last edited:

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We like to stop in dark places with no light pollution. I have a thing about street lighting - I hate being in a lit place. That said, I'm going to have a fitful sleep tonight as Citi Europe has lights everywhere!
I use one of these for when its not dark enough. Listen to some music as you drift off to sleep.

Amazon product ASIN B07C4B7187

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
It will be interesting to see if any more m/homes are moved on at Citie Europ, or if it's just a temporary security problem.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Not a good idea to take my inflatable Rib boat with 2 outboard engines, on the trailer there then?, or would I get a better price for it?;)
LES

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
They tend to switch off most of the lights later on in the evening.
They used to stay on all night but I guess the locals are trying to be a bit 'greener'.
Still a fair bit of light though, it won't be pitch black.

I wonder why they moved everyone on a couple of days ago?
Surely it was better to leave vans together in one place than to scatter them around and make them more vulnerable. Very strange!

Richard.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Someone on the other thread said that the police were dealing with migrants in Calais centre who were kicking off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back