Parking at Brittany ferries oestreham (1 Viewer)

Ivybank

Free Member
Jul 14, 2013
Hatfield
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
13 years
The website says you can park a motorhome on the quay after the last boat has departed but this isn't until 11pm. Has anyone been turned away for arriving late afternoon?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
The embarkation area is quite small so there is a good chance that you will be turned away:cry: However I believe that there is an aire not too far away from the port.:thumb:

Brisey.

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
The website says you can park a motorhome on the quay after the last boat has departed but this isn't until 11pm. Has anyone been turned away for arriving late afternoon?
Right next to the port, and i mean right next to is an aire. Its normally quite busy but if you cant get on, drive 100 yds down the road and park for a few hours, follow the one way back round to the port and go on the port car park.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
We used to leave Parc Verger at about 8am, and arrive in the centre of Ouistreham between 4 and 5 pm, and would park in one of the two car parks just short of the dock. There was never a problem - we'd stroll across to the restaurants for an evening meal, then back to our rig for a decent night's sleep, and move on into the dock area about 7ish the next morning.
We checked the aire one time, but it was jam-packed solid, so went back to the car park area. There is a campsite as you run into Ouistreham, which some of our guests have used with no problems.

Bob
www.parcverger.com

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
>>> Parking at Brittany ferries oestreham

Pardon ???

Isn't that where wimmin get their moods from ????

Best avoided.

OP
OP
I

Ivybank

Free Member
Jul 14, 2013
Hatfield
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
13 years
Thank you for all the ideas. We'll turn up and take our choice at the time.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
We used the campsite next to the dock last year ( Pommiers). Easy to park and a 2 min drive in the morning to board the ferry. Lots of options around here for food, also used the campsite at Coursielles sur Mer down the road, there's an aire by the gate. We shall probably use it again this year on our way back from Parc Verger, can't wait, off this Saturday to arrive Sunday! Looking forward to meeting you Bob and any other Funsters who may be around!! Keep that sun shining :Cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

Ivybank

Free Member
Jul 14, 2013
Hatfield
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
13 years
On the ferry now waiting to leave Caen. We stayed at the camp site (Pommiers) and cycled along the canal to the restaurant for an evening meal. Just two minutes to the quay this morning. For 11 euros (the Aire costs 8) I would recommend it.

May 30, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
PVC Vantage Neo
Exp
25 years
Suntan cream packed, although we've been using it here it's been so hot for the past two weeks! Looking forward to the French ambiance tho' and the wine:Smile:

Steve101uk

Free Member
Jun 6, 2012
EUROPEAN UNION
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740 C
Exp
since 2007 caravan before that
The aire wasnt accepting non french credit cards last weekend (July 13) so we was unable to pay as it doesn't accept coins. stayed anyway but didnt leave the van in case they came to collect. went to the campsite (Pommiers) which was fine. 11 euro for a motorhome space with electric but sited close to a busy road so we took a pitch for 15 euro without electric. all good and very easy.

Honfleur wouldn't accept my card either but did take cash. these were the only two places where I had trouble with the card (Caxton euro traveller)

have a great holiday

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back