Parked up in Preston (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I am away overnight for a habitation service at Hambiltons today, couldn't face a very early start (or so I thought) drove up yesterday thinking I would park up somewhere.

Found this option beside Preston old docks, so a retail park and flats, waterside parking opposite McDonalds 24 hour drive through, signs say gates will be locked at 8 but they weren't and other than being 'trapped' it wouldn't have bothered me I don't need to move till 8 in morning and presumed they would be reopened. As it happened they don't get locked, only problem is the kids use it as a meeting lace until midnight, but the were not noisy or a nuisance

What I wasn't banking in was clanking and banging, followed by a generator firing up at 5:30 o_O, but not a big issue, free parking, its not raining so I got up and took a few photos

IMG_2476.JPG
IMG_2477.JPG
IMG_2479.JPG
IMG_2480.JPG
IMG_2481.JPG
IMG_2478.JPG

and the noisy neighbour can do me breakfast in a bit :)(y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I am away overnight for a habitation service at Hambiltons today, couldn't face a very early start (or so I thought) drove up yesterday thinking I would park up somewhere.

Found this option beside Preston old docks, so a retail park and flats, waterside parking opposite McDonalds 24 hour drive through, signs say gates will be locked at 8 but they weren't and other than being 'trapped' it wouldn't have bothered me I don't need to move till 8 in morning and presumed they would be reopened. As it happened they don't get locked, only problem is the kids use it as a meeting lace until midnight, but the were not noisy or a nuisance

What I wasn't banking in was clanking and banging, followed by a generator firing up at 5:30 o_O, but not a big issue, free parking, its not raining so I got up and took a few photos

View attachment 168255 View attachment 168256 View attachment 168257 View attachment 168258 View attachment 168259 View attachment 168260

and the noisy neighbour can do me breakfast in a bit :)(y)
And Morrisons is open soon

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
shame they have to, but nice to se a McDonalds man picking up the rubbish people seem quite happy to drop out of their car windows as they eat :mad::mad:, there are 10 bins along about 100m length of car park, what is wrong with some folk

he is even picking up the KFC stuff and pizza boxes, (y) a total disgrace that it is dropped, we get it all the time at our local nature reserve car park, the only half excuse there is there are no bins

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Shame you didn't let us know you were up our neck of the woods - we're only 15 miles south of Peter Hambilton. You could have parked on our drive! Ulterior motive, Anthony would have been measuring your gas locker to see if 14kg Alugas bottles will fit ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back