LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Does anyone have any positive experiences with the Parkdean resorts chain?
We have booked a couple of mini breaks in July and I think it will be great for the kids . Looks like cheesy entertainment, swimming pools , fast food ,arcades etc , just what they love . It does seem to be very cheap but hoping it will still be a good experience .

Some of the reviews on Trip advisor are far from positive .

here is just one example of a review below .If it’s as bad as some of the reviews suggest ,it will be an interesting experience 😂🙈

“Firstly, the website designers and marketing team deserve an award!! They made what is a rough place seem aesthetically pleasing and attractive. There’s stretching the truth and there’s this.

On the positive side the caravan was ok in size and cleanliness (inside - fag buts everywhere outside) but mattresses well worn and wafer thin. That’s it for positives I’m afraid. The linen - top tip, bring your own as no mattress protectors are used and the bed linen is old and bobbly and a funny grey/yellow colour.

The theme park, think 90’s fair ground. Probably their castoffs; the equipment and rides were so old and rusted. Very expensive and the clientele were like the Jeremy Kyle cast.

The water park; expensive, dirty and cloudy water. People walking around pool area in outside shoes so dirty stagnant water.

RJ’s; best not get started - no positives to report! The fact there’s a sign “no vest” gives you an insight to the attracted crowd.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We used to go to Parkdean in our camping days. Not sure how much you are paying but I wouldn't think they were cheap nowadays. Now that we are older, a bunch of screaming kids doesn't appeal to me plus we dont do campsites in general nowadays. If your taking the grandchildren they will no doubt enjoy it.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
You have to take it for what it is. Only ever done haven or park dean when out of season and cheap. I would imagine very busy in peak times. The in-laws had a static at a park dean site, and in all the years that they had it they never used the club house. So maybe use the bits you want and ignore the rest

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
You have to take it for what it is. Only ever done haven or park dean when out of season and cheap. I would imagine very busy in peak times. The in-laws had a static at a park dean site, and in all the years that they had it they never used the club house. So maybe use the bits you want and ignore the rest
Were Parkdean and Haven pretty much the same in terms of entertainment , pools etc ?

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Some of the site locations are ok but I wouldn’t fancy one of their rental statics, kessingland is a good location if the CAMC is fully booked next door, they have one in Hunstanton next to searles, never been to either of the park deans as the neighbours always seem that little bit nicer.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Sounds bloody awful! Go with the flow,expect the worst,then you won’t be disappointed..........I hope!

The kids will probably think it’s fantastic. :giggle:

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
Sounds bloody awful! Go with the flow,expect the worst,then you won’t be disappointed..........I hope!

The kids will probably think it’s fantastic. :giggle:
I think that’s the key point . Out of all the horrendous reviews not one mentioned the kids not liking it or being bored etc . After a few beers I will probably fit in quite well 😂

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I went to the one at Mullion, Cornwall a few years ago. It was cheap - that's positive, isnt it? 🤣

The shower block was filthy and the staff uninterested. Only stayed one night although we'd booked 4 nights.
A lot of the staff are only hired for the season on minimum wage, they don’t employ them through the winter so I guess they would not be that interested. The staff we spoke to in the autumn were nice enough, but they knew they would soon be on the dole.

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
As many have said, 'Not to everyones liking' We have used the sites many times out of peak season and weekends when they offer EHU pitches for as little as £6 per night just to park up and see the night out never use the other facilities Used the Pernporth and other West Country locations on our travels September/October tome. Have used other commercial sites when we have the Grandchildren so they have use of the indoor pools and the like. Yes paid a lot more for the night then but its having fun with the littleones and what makes them happy at the time

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Only ever used the Ruda site, daughter, son in law and grandkids love it. Only go as we stay in the moho and the rest are in a static or "cabin" and therefore we miss the chaos. Bar cheap and cheerful, entertainment laughable except for the comic. It is being with family that wins and a decent pint on a hand pump. Food deep fried or microwaved or pizza from electric pizza ovens ok for a night or two. There is a pub style restaurant more expensive (still good beer), that did proper food but no entertainment.

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Only used Ruda in Croyde. A long time ago in tents and now in the van.

Amazing location for Croyde Bay and the surfing. But we've never used the pool or entertainment. Not our cup of tea. Toilets and showers are acceptable but only one of us uses them!!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
they are all modern versions on Butlins/Pontins but not as well done had the misfortune to have to go to centreparcs for my parents golden wedding anniversary so there was something for the whole family. My idea of hell on earth seemed to be something of a 'must do' family holiday at the time
I can remember begging to go to Butlins as a teenager (13). The last family holiday we had was Butlins as if we had not gone as a family we would not have had another family holiday with my parents as kids. I think it was fun but it was the miners fortnight and most of the village were there for at least one week on our 2 week stay.

However, a few years later yes I was back but this time as staff even though seasonal we were proud to offer the best service we could (and have a ball) dirty dancing was a mild version of the real thing. (yes we did have the staff disco) Sadly as times have moved on the perception of hard work seems to be lost. Many of the staff in those days would work each summer and Christmas and spend the rest of the time travelling around Europe/world on the money they earned and did not expect their 'gap year' to be subsidised by anyone else. The better service you gave the more tips your earned . One year I worked the late cocktail bar with the grand piano and the more gentile set. £30 - £40tips per night was not unusual . That was 40years ago !!

Freddie Laker killed the holiday camps and they declined and cost to be maintained they offer cheap holidays that do not allow for the fabric of the sites to be upgraded people don't want to pay much but then expect 5* surroundings. We get what we pay for and deserve what we get.

Mind you, I also think of cruise liners as the modern day 'Butlins on a boat', organised entertainment, with many of the entertainers cutting their teeth on boats now instead of holiday camps Very similar business model keep you on site and that is where you spend your money, its a lot harder to get off a boat. :rofl:

KIds see things more innocently and will enjoy it and look back with rose tinted specs and forget about moving chalets twice as the first two had not been cleaned................................................enjoy yourselves you wont be there long and you never know you may be pleasantly surprised. :giggle:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We occasionally use Parkdean Manor Park at Hunstanton, a favourite resort of ours. The site is adequate with reasonable entertainment and bars and a short walk to the seafront a local pub and Tesco’s.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years
I've stayed many times at Ruda, mostly in the van on Croyde Burrows but also in hired caravans when I've taken my mum away. Also at a couple of other locations.

Price always competitive moving to very good if you find discount leaflets.

On Croyde Burrows the site was always immaculate, especially the pitches. The toilet block was always clean and well presented it could be overwhelmed when the surf schools finished but that is understandable. I've been there in very wet times and site security is well on the ball to drag you off your pitch. AT holiday times the site is packed and not to my taste.

Never used the pool or the entertainment which was in the 'Club' which was also the restaurant so if dining there timing was all important as a quiet meal when the Kids Club Show was on...

Food was reasonably priced but very Little Chef like, looked good, well presented but plastic. I only ate there in moments of desperation.

At Ruda the on site supermarket stoked just about all you needed.

I would recommend them.

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
we went to the one at charlbrough bay in devon last year what a going on to get there the road is very narrow when we arrived the caravan was shall we say tiered we had no heating for most of the week after asking for it to be sorted a man came when we were out and left a note saying he had turned the heating on no better ,this was early september my wife is gluten free they had run out off everything gf fish and chip shop on site was never open when we complained we were just ignored what a set off annoying people they still keep sending us e mails do we want to come back fat chance

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Stayed in a few when they do there cheap deals and also paid full price in some but only ever in a motorhome.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
we went to the one at charlbrough bay in devon last year what a going on to get there the road is very narrow when we arrived the caravan was shall we say tiered we had no heating for most of the week after asking for it to be sorted a man came when we were out and left a note saying he had turned the heating on no better ,this was early september my wife is gluten free they had run out off everything gf fish and chip shop on site was never open when we complained we were just ignored what a set off annoying people they still keep sending us e mails do we want to come back fat chance
Thats not great to hear . The bad reviews seem to be mainly about the static caravans not being clean , things not working etc . We will be in the motorhome so I don’t have to worry about that . I am sure we will have a good time and I can’t see the kids being short of things to do .Sorry to hear you had a bad experience .

Jul 8, 2008
Weymouth, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
c build
Exp
6 yr
have been to vauxhall nice site good club house think it all you want swimming pool ok but had to queue as was a hot time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back