Park4night (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Has anyone got this app, I have had it for a couple of years but never used it much, but today while looking for sites , just thought I would give it a go, well , way impressed it's got loads of new features and uk sites as well, and shows you all the local ,to you sites, photos of them , the works, and anywhere you tap on the map, you do have to be on the internet though to use it to its best, now it's nothing to me but it really is worth a look if you havnt looked at it for a while.
The bloke that runs it is a member on here he posted a few times but havnt seen him on here lately.

Gazza333

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 695
Exp
Just took a look and I see nothing. What am I doing wrong see the map but nothing there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's a bit clunky but gets there in the end, you have to centre the map where you want it then click the refresh thingy at the bottom, took me a while to sus it out

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Used it a lot in France this year to check on reviews and services at Aires. Worked well,the map feature was good, gave us an idea of what options we would have when we got to our destination that day. I've got both "All The Aires" and "Camperstop Europe" books, normally used a lot but only got them out once this year because of this app. I'll not be buying new copies anymore.

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Have used on our present trip around Scotland and found it very helpful, a bit laboured but a useful tool in the box of tricks.

Regards, Bryan

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have used on our present trip around Scotland and found it very helpful, a bit laboured but a useful tool in the box of tricks.

Regards, Bryan
Takes some working out, but the photos are good

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Free, always free when possible with any app......... dont need or want the all bells and whistles versions of any of them.
They do say if you use the paid one it works off line, but it must be a hell of a download to include all that stuff, don't think my phone would hold it

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Just shows a map for me have tried fiddling with it. I did try downloading it once before and it did exactly the same so uninstalled it. I tried the refresh thing you mentioned but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Free, always free when possible with any app......... dont need or want the all bells and whistles versions of any of them.

I'm using the free one right now here in France in conjunction with the Aires book.(y)...

They do say if you use the paid one it works off line, but it must be a hell of a download to include all that stuff, don't think my phone would hold it

That's what I thought too, My phone is almost full already. I would have to dump a lot of music to download something else.::bigsmile:

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Another one worth using is 'Camper Contact' we've used it in the UK, France, Spain and Morocco.
You can use it for free on line and for a fiver the full version is pretty good value for money

Whatton

Free Member
Apr 30, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythm
Just shows a map for me have tried fiddling with it. I did try downloading it once before and it did exactly the same so uninstalled it. I tried the refresh thing you mentioned but still nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Hit the little circle with arrows to refresh the map with campings/aires on the bit of map you've chosen.

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp

I experienced the same problem before. Are you using phone or iPad/tablet?

Firstly make sure you are connected to internet via WiFi or a 3g or 4G signal. It needs to be online to show the Aires etc.
On the home page (PLACES) at the top you will have a green dot showing if internet is active and another if you also have GPS active.

The Aires etc then all magically appeared then after pressing the Refresh button on the map next to the Map +/- buttons in the bottom right corner......(y)(y)(y)

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Camper Contact
Another one worth using is 'Camper Contact' we've used it in the UK, France, Spain and Morocco.
You can use it for free on line and for a fiver the full version is pretty good value for money

Camper Contact brings no results when searched in the Apple App Store. Is this an Android App?

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes , as I said it is very clunky but sometimes if it isn't loading if you switch it off and on they appear, you do have to have a good internet connection though, but it is worth waiting for, must be thousands of stops on it and a picture or two of most of them

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Just switched mine on and put Paris in the centre and got hundreds straight up, parkings , farms , campsites , emptying places, all sorts

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I am on Internet. Good connection GPS active. Still no places except my position as a blue dot. I have become a member and I am awaiting their email to see if that helps. Have read the reviews, no_one is having the same problems as me. Have definitely refreshed at the bottom of the page, still nothing. Just as Google maps are showing with only my position showing as a blue dot.
clicking on'around me' comes up with a list of places but still nothing on the map . ism using an android phone.

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Camper Contact brings no results when searched in the Apple App Store. Is this an Android App?

Search for Motorhome Parkings ( that IS Camper Contact) ............... that's the Dutch for you ;)

I have used the app for a year now, it is very good and I even dug deep and paid for it! Wherever you are the Dutch will have found somewhere to stay! and usually for free too.....

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I should have said also that I do have the Park4Night app too but I find in clunky and less effective o_O

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I deleted Park4Night last year. Have just reloaded it onto my Galaxy S4, and it is a vast improvement.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am on Internet. Good connection GPS active. Still no places except my position as a blue dot. I have become a member and I am awaiting their email to see if that helps. Have read the reviews, no_one is having the same problems as me. Have definitely refreshed at the bottom of the page, still nothing. Just as Google maps are showing with only my position showing as a blue dot.
clicking on'around me' comes up with a list of places but still nothing on the map . ism using an android phone.
Have you got your settings set to letting it know where you are, your phone I mean

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Have you tapped on the map and moved it to France, there are not many for it to pick up in uk

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish

Have you got the maps expanded too much ? Had similar problems when in France that for some reason if you opend map just a blue dot .decreased the image size and walla had roads and more detail .
Also once you register there is a prompt that allows you to include / add a new location and coordinates etc should you find one.was going to give it a go in the UK but not tried it yet .keep forgetting :giggle:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back