LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Having problems with my subs trying to renew my membership, but when it gets to payment it will not go through unless you pick a country but the UK or Britain doesn’t seem to be there. Anyone got the answer? Thanks 🙏

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I gave up on the app, the website works great for me and its free 👍🏻

Edit : I might be thinking of searchforsites can't remember without checking 🤢

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3

I have not used park4night since getting searchforsites. It just seems easier, more user friendly and has more content.👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Yeah the web works far better than the paid for version, seems overloaded with stuff you don't need.
I won't be paying again.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I ALWAYS used and recommended Camper Contact until we went to Norway. I then started to use Park4Night and, provided I read the comments carefully I'm happy with it, I only use it now.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We fell out with Search 4 Sites when it let us down badly a few times. We only use Park4Night now. It's got us out of trouble so many times. Brilliant 😁

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only use Park4night as a last resort most places on it are only suitable for small Campers, well most of the ones we have tried have been, we find Camper Contact much more reliable.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Only use Park4night as a last resort most places on it are only suitable for small Campers, well most of the ones we have tried have been, we find Camper Contact much more reliable.
You have to say though that park4night has many more listings than camper contact, some places camper contact has nothing you can usually find a place with park4night

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Park4night definitely better than search4sites ... especially in Europe. Never paid for it and its never failed to find me a place.
I agree. Used sfs as well last year for the first time, en route to and from Greece in September/October when it was allowed, but I prefer pfn. Always used the free versions on phones and iPad.
You need to read the most recent comments though, and I usually avoid places with no picture or comments. It can take a bit of searching to find a suitable place as sometimes we want an aire in or near the town centre for shopping or a meal and sometimes we want a quiet, pretty, secluded place next to a lake, or in a pine forest. All are available!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes I find p4n better than anything similar, but the paid version isn't a patch on the free web one.
Even though in theory you have to have some sort of internet for the web one , I have never been anywhere where it didn't work.

OP
OP
StanandShirley

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Once again great response from Motorhome Funsters I’ll go with the free version instead of dropping it. Thanks again for all your recommendations
Travel Safe Travel near and far

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
You have to say though that park4night has many more listings than camper contact, some places camper contact has nothing you can usually find a place with park4night
Never had much luck with it, doesn't appear to get updated by users like CC does. Last time I tried it in Germany last year, one place coordents were way out when we did find the place a house was built on the spot and if must have been there a few years. Another spot impossible to get into in a medium size van, another one not suitable, found our own spot in the end.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Like most of these apps, P4N is only a useful as the info people feed into it. I will say that we have found it extremely useful, but generally I will use it in conjunction with the sat view on google maps to get another look at the area. We also make it a habit to upload new pictures and some brief notes into any place that we use for future users. Only takes 2 minutes and helps to prevent the frustrations that Lenny HB describes.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back