Park4night question (1 Viewer)

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
I explained all in the #10th post.
And as chaser tell you, our system is managed by users themselves and moderators like wikipedia system.
Don't take this like arrogance or contempt, I spend all my disponible time in others important parts of the project.
Damnfully and oppositely as I could think when I was a child, I'm not a superhero and I sould focus the part I can do ;)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You have gone to the trouble of putting it on here, while you could have put it in the right place, it's free to join , what's the problem.
I responded to Frederic's comment about the verification process as a result of reading the thread, which was no trouble to me but just normal interaction with this forum. I have no interest in using park4night so why should I put in the effort to join it especially to correct the information when one of the owners could quite easily do so or pass it on to a colleague for action?
I explained all in the #10th post.
And as chaser tell you, our system is managed by users themselves and moderators like wikipedia system.
Don't take this like arrogance or contempt, I spend all my disponible time in others important parts of the project.
Damnfully and oppositely as I could think when I was a child, I'm not a superhero and I sould focus the part I can do ;)
]
If you are happy to leave incorrect information for your users that is up to you.

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
I have no interest in using park4night
This post is called "park4nigt question", and I tryed to answer the question posted.
That's the reason I'm there.

I don't know reasons you wan't to bring all the time somethink else on this post.
If you have personnal questions my mails is frederic@park4night.com

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
This post is called "park4nigt question", and I tryed to answer the question posted.
That's the reason I'm there.

I don't know reasons you wan't to bring all the time somethink else on this post.
If you have personnal questions my mails is frederic@park4night.com
Because it isn't something else, the inaccurate information is intrinsic to the thread because the OP said "I want to add a correction where we were misled so someone else won't be".
It's up to you whether you wish to correct a fault in the product you are selling or not.

M1ke

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Tracker FB
Exp
5 years
Great App except I don't speak French? Is there an English version or am I missing something?

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
It can happen rarelly than the langage is not properly set.
If it's the case go to "Mes règlagles" And select in the combobox "choix de la langue" => "Anglais"
Then restart the app.
Regards,
Frédéric

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
It can happen rarelly than the langage is not properly set.
If it's the case go to "Mes règlagles" And select in the combobox "choix de la langue" => "Anglais"
Then restart the app.
Regards,
Frédéric
Thanks Frederic, I was also having trouble understanding the french, now it is much easier to use. Simple when you know how.:):D:)

O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
Nice website and app. Will give it a good try out (off line and whilst travelling) next week when we head over the water.. Thanks for the help on here Frederick. :happy:

Maria41

Free Member
Aug 14, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Anyone using this App in mode Pro?
I joined and loaded the database in my iPad. Then I tested it by switching of the WiFi, but then the App doesn’t not work and shows a blank page in the map. Maybe I am missing something :unsure:
I emailed the App people but wondering if someone else had the same issue?

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Anyone using this App in mode Pro?
I joined and loaded the database in my iPad. Then I tested it by switching of the WiFi, but then the App doesn’t not work and shows a blank page in the map. Maybe I am missing something :unsure:
I emailed the App people but wondering if someone else had the same issue?
Have you switched off mobile data as well? On the main page does it say inactive internet? Have you downloaded the map where you are searching? Just a few points to look at.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
In my humble opinion the paid for version isn't worth it, same with searchforsites, it's very rare the basic one doesn't work , and always knows where you are.

Maria41

Free Member
Aug 14, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
L
Have you switched off mobile data as well? On the main page does it say inactive internet? Have you downloaded the map where you are searching? Just a few points to look at.
i don’t have mobile data on the iPad. Yes I downloaded the map I wanted and when checking it s loaded just not showing anything in the page. I will see what the company says.

Maria41

Free Member
Aug 14, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
In my humble opinion the paid for version isn't worth it, same with searchforsites, it's very rare the basic one doesn't work , and always knows where you are.
In previous trips i have used iOverlander but without WiFi for several days it was difficult as I had to plan ahead on a vague itinerary ( i.e Africa and Central Asia) . I thought for the balkans having an offline map would be ideal, a bit like Maps.me but with more information for campervan.
I will see. If not worth it it only cost 99p for a month. I just need to see how to cancel the subscription via the App Store :cautious:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
In previous trips i have used iOverlander but without WiFi for several days it was difficult as I had to plan ahead on a vague itinerary ( i.e Africa and Central Asia) . I thought for the balkans having an offline map would be ideal, a bit like Maps.me but with more information for campervan.
I will see. If not worth it it only cost 99p for a month. I just need to see how to cancel the subscription via the App Store :cautious:
It isnt the money, it just doesn't seem to work the same.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
It isnt the money, it just doesn't seem to work the same.

It works fine for me without internet connections. Far easier to use than CamperContact and many more good 'wild camping' places, throughout Europe.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It works fine for me without internet connections. Far easier to use than CamperContact and many more good 'wild camping' places, throughout Europe.
Wasn't knocking p4n just the paid version

Maria41

Free Member
Aug 14, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Moulin do you use it off line on your phone or tablet? I am wondering if maybe it cannot work on tablet.
Do you run it offline using the App? And basically use as when logged into WiFi?
I would really like to have this working.

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
We use a combination of park4night, Campercontact and All the aires. The best thing about the first 2 for me is that people's comments/reviews give me an up to date idea of what to expect and often save a wasted journey, so thanks Jac Sprat for the effort.
As far as par4night is concerned we've had good success with a couple of vineyards and farms in France and Spain

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Moulin do you use it off line on your phone or tablet? I am wondering if maybe it cannot work on tablet.
Do you run it offline using the App? And basically use as when logged into WiFi?
I would really like to have this working.

Normally on the phone, with or without internet. I'm just going to try it on the iPad without internet to see if I have the same problem as you.

Maria41

Free Member
Aug 14, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
Normally on the phone, with or without internet. I'm just going to try it on the iPad without internet to see if I have the same problem as you.
Thanks Moulin. Let me know.
I may try on my iPhone. I did it on the iPad as my iPhone is old and I was not sure about the size of the file. It might work better there if i can load the file there.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Thanks Moulin. Let me know.
I may try on my iPhone. I did it on the iPad as my iPhone is old and I was not sure about the size of the file. It might work better there if i can load the file there.

I've just downloaded the P4N app and the base map and details for Western europe etc. Without GPS I had to put in a place to search around and it worked offline pretty much straightaway.

Maria41

Free Member
Aug 14, 2019
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I am a newbie
I've just downloaded the P4N app and the base map and details for Western europe etc. Without GPS I had to put in a place to search around and it worked offline pretty much straightaway.
Thanks. I loaded in my iPhone and it worked fine. Not working in my iPad though even when I try to search for a place. Never mind as long it is working my my phone. Thanks for the help (y)

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
We use a combination of camper contact and park4night. Both have there merits.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back