Park4Night - favourites? (1 Viewer)

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I've only just lashed out and bought P4N for the first time, as we're off to Spain on Sun 1st April (does that make me a Fool?). Until now I've utilised CamperContact.

There is an excellent range of additional stops shown on P4N, many along or just off the route I'm considering, Is it possible to store favourites, as in CC, or do I have to write the co-ordinates down on a piece of paper?

TIA - Gordon

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Always read the user reviews because some stops in Spain are now not allowed and the police will be there in the morning. I speak from experience.

Edit: for favourites open Google maps and create a favourite on there ;)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I've only just lashed out and bought P4N for the first time, as we're off to Spain on Sun 1st April (does that make me a Fool?). Until now I've utilised CamperContact.

There is an excellent range of additional stops shown on P4N, many along or just off the route I'm considering, Is it possible to store favourites, as in CC, or do I have to write the co-ordinates down on a piece of paper?

TIA - Gordon
We have never had any trouble useing the free version of park4night, why have you got to write anything down? They are on the app all the time and you just use your dedicated phone satnav, we use "here maps" for ours.
Did five weeks in holland, Belgium, Germany, Austria,Italy, and France and always used it to park in all these countries.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

TIA - Gordon
Just had a look at the first page of park4night and there is a clickable icon that says "my selection" is this like favourites, don't know never used it myself.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I also use the free version ...and now 10 weeks in spain and never failed to find somewhere.

Choose wisely though some you'll arrive at and there's loads if mh already there

Personally I avoid these as much as I can because you are likely to get moved on.
Not all reviews are accurate best to make up your own mind.

OP
OP
Rapido925M
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
Just had a look at the first page of park4night and there is a clickable icon that says "my selection" is this like favourites, don't know never used it myself.

I don't know: when I open it there are 2 icons, which "look" like i) load to cloud and ii) download from cloud.

However, I can't get either of them to do anything other than close the app! (n)

I've gone for the purchased version so that I can use it offline. In CC I can "add to favourites" and then select to view just those on the map to narrow down my choices. The ACSI app lets me select favourites and these show up with "hearts" on the map but I can't see how to select JUST those to appear. P4N doesn't seem to allow either of these options, and I don't have a lot of time to play around, so I'm hoping there is a guru about on this cold damp evening :whistle: .

Gordon

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I don't know: when I open it there are 2 icons, which "look" like i) load to cloud and ii) download from cloud.

However, I can't get either of them to do anything other than close the app! (n)

I've gone for the purchased version so that I can use it offline. In CC I can "add to favourites" and then select to view just those on the map to narrow down my choices. The ACSI app lets me select favourites and these show up with "hearts" on the map but I can't see how to select JUST those to appear. P4N doesn't seem to allow either of these options, and I don't have a lot of time to play around, so I'm hoping there is a guru about on this cold damp evening :whistle: .

Gordon
Sorry, but I don't see what you are trying to do, if you have somewhere you have been before and it's one of your favourites you don't need an app to find it again, the actual park4night lets you choose as big a map or as small as you want and then you have chance of finding new places as well as the ones you already know.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_0860.PNG

Gordon
I presume you have found this page where you can insert your preferences

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I'm on one tonight on west coast of France
Camper Contact let me down in this neck of the woods. But P4N on my phone found another 3 or 4 free sites.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I'm on one tonight on west coast of France
Camper Contact let me down in this neck of the woods. But P4N on my phone found another 3 or 4 free sites.
This is true, you don't need anything else , all you have to do is go to where you want to be , kick up park4night and it will tell you everything that is around you.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
We still love Camper Contact because when it finds one - you're done, it takes you straight there and we love being surprised as to where it takes us. It has found us some stunning spots.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We’re on a very nice French aire at the moment (Thollet) which is in the All the Aires book, but is not on Camper Contact, Park 4 Night, or Search for Sites, which surprised me. When I get chance I’ll submit it.

OP
OP
Rapido925M
Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
I'm obviously not explaining my problem very clearly :rolleyes:

I like to sit and plan my trips (not that I necessarily stick to them).
I look on whatever apps I've got and think "no" or "possibly".

By being able to see the "possibles" within a given area, I can then review their potential and plot my route.
If I arrive and like it, I stay (y).
If it isn't what I want, I can access a reduced number of "next possibilities" in that area, review their potentials and move on.

CamperContact makes this easy: "add to favourites" (star in top RH corner) then go to "my favourites" and they are all that you see.
ACSI is reasonable: click on "heart" in top RH corner - site is marked with a "heart" rather than a "tent".
P4N looks like it should offer this facility, as it has a "my selection" option, BUT I can't find a way to convert a place into a selection. This seems to be true whether I use the online or offline versions (n).

P4N offers a wealth of places which I might want to utilise. I could restrict my choices to "free car park" or "surrounded by nature" etc which would then make fewer icons on the map, so I would be more likely to remember which ones I had considered. However, I like to have a wide choice from a variety of stop-overs.

Gordon

AND SUDDENLY I have access to an icon following "view location" which says "add to selection". Perhaps this is a case of needing 24h to verify my account?

It still doesn't show in a different format on the map but at least I can go from a selection of possible sites to more information. Obviously something to play with on the ferry!

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I have to input Long/Lat into my satnav.
Is that not necessary?
What we have is park4night and "here maps" on my phone, not a dedicated satnav separate, so then when a site is selected there is a thing , something like , navigate to, not sure of the exact words without kicking it up, but then it automatically starts up the here maps app and navigates to the site without doing any entering or anything.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
IMG_0862.PNG
When clicked this comes up, although I am doing this on my iPad so here maps is not an option as I don't have it on here but it is on my phone

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Then click on one of them and you will have directions to the site automatically

Feb 1, 2014
Normandy
Funster No
MH
Renault Traffic
Exp
Thanks @chaser for informations,

I'll explain favorite system that we call "My selection"

Add/deletee favorites when you are on the form of a place
  • To add a favorite you can use the icon "star with a +" at the top and right of the window
  • To delete a favorite you can use the icon "star with a -" (only visible if you get this place as favorite)
From the main screen click on "My selection" to see all your favorites
  • You can see them by list with different order or through the map
  • There is a system to store/get favorites in CLOUD (usefull if you change devices or use different devices with the same park4night account
favorites-help.png

Thanks for reading ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back