LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Once again many thanks to all you Funsters, for the info on park & ride.heading down to Falmouth. Staying in a Brit Stop the Crown Pub on the A338 just outside Andover, Landlord great food fantastic, give it a try if your passing.
Stan & Shirley

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Glad you're having a good time !
You may want to 'edit' your post though and refer to the britstop pub by number rather than by name!!! Or just 'a pub near .......'
Not everyone buys the britstop book - although IMHO they should;)

OP
OP
StanandShirley

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Your so right, the Brit Stop No is 056 we are just leaving Brit stop No 018 Stokeley Farm Shop near Slapton Sands where we watched the Starlings give there roosting display along with around 100 twitchers
Checked to see how much the camp at Slapton sands site charges for a one night stop @ £22.50 thank goodness for Brit Stops.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Slapton sands site charges for a one night stop @ £22.50 thank goodness for Brit Stops.

indeed.. but how much did you spend in the pub ?

besides.. if you really want a meal in a pub,most are quite happy for you to stop for the night..

we much prefer CLs at around £12 - £15 .. horses for courses. :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We like a mix. CLs / CSs are great, often small, friendly and with all the facilities we would need except laundry which we can get done elsewhere. But if we were planning a meal or drink out anyway (or a farm shop purchase or....) then BritStops it is. It's nice to have the choice and I (for one) will continue to support BritStops as well as the CL / CS network. Bigger sites are okay when we have the family with us but when it's just the two of us the small sites suit us better.

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Your so right, the Brit Stop No is 056 we are just leaving Brit stop No 018 Stokeley Farm Shop near Slapton Sands where we watched the Starlings give there roosting display along with around 100 twitchers
Checked to see how much the camp at Slapton sands site charges for a one night stop @ £22.50 thank goodness for Brit Stops.

:cry:Stan & Shirley, Did you really get the point that Brewery Dave was making?

:LOL:
Stan & Shirley - the idea is NOT to give away the actual name of the place, just identify it by number!
Otherwise, it kinda defeats the effort of buying the book, and makes all Steve's (the publishers) work available in the public domain;)

....It's a learning curve!!!

OP
OP
StanandShirley

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
OK point taken, I for one will be buying 2015 Book as it has been well worth it this year and I like to say thank you to those who help me. Got to eat some time and why not at free stop overs, most of the time I spend on a couple of drinks. Wild Camping tonight so had to make my own dinner.
Have fun Funsters and keep up the information about any and every thing. Good read in the mornings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2014
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A 7870-2
Exp
Newbie, caravanner since 2008
Definitely a 'rules' girl myself (sometimes drop off the kids and wish I could swap bodies for the day), however, there's always a bit of a thrill in finding a back door to something isn't there?
Thought myself a bit of a clever dick when I searched on tripadvisor for 'Britstops'. Lots of people obviously keen to spread the word about their great experiences. BUT - after checking the Britstop website, I am under the impression that you need to display a badge/booklet to qualify. Perhaps they should enforce this?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back