Paris bans all cars made before 1997! (1 Viewer)

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Not in pristine condition. The French drive them till they are full of dents, then change them. Spares for Renaults are very expensive so when they breakdown they are scrapped. On my last Renault Scenic the clock on the dash went. This was about five years ago. Renault wanted €1700 to repair it. The turbo went €3500. And the list goes on.
Not in pristine condition. The French drive them till they are full of dents, then change them. Spares for Renaults are very expensive so when they breakdown they are scrapped. On my last Renault Scenic the clock on the dash went. This was about five years ago. Renault wanted €1700 to repair it. The turbo went €3500. And the list goes on.
You must live in a very posh and expensive part of France. Lol
My old Safrane needed the cam belt replacing. The garage in our village said it would cost over 600€ I asked why so expensive he said 'cause I can only buy the complete set that includes all the cogs.
When I picked up the car the invoice was for less than 400€. When I said , oh that's good, I thought you said it was going to be 600€.
He replied that the original cogs etc were fine they didn't need replacing so he sent them back. So, less materials, less labour,
I can just imagine that happening under the same circumstances in the UK. They'd have invoiced the full amount and nodoubt found something else to charge me for.
Oh, I forgot to mention, the guy also let me have a loan car f.o.c.
Mind you, I wouldn't have wanted to drive very far in it, it was a bit of a wreck, but then again, living out in the sticks and 10 miles from the nearest town, any transport's a blessing

D

DL42846

Deleted User
You must live in a very posh and expensive part of France. Lol
My old Safrane needed the cam belt replacing. The garage in our village said it would cost over 600€ I asked why so expensive he said 'cause I can only buy the complete set that includes all the cogs.
When I picked up the car the invoice was for less than 400€. When I said , oh that's good, I thought you said it was going to be 600€.
He replied that the original cogs etc were fine they didn't need replacing so he sent them back. So, less materials, less labour,
I can just imagine that happening under the same circumstances in the UK. They'd have invoiced the full amount and nodoubt found something else to charge me for.
Oh, I forgot to mention, the guy also let me have a loan car f.o.c.
Mind you, I wouldn't have wanted to drive very far in it, it was a bit of a wreck, but then again, living out in the sticks and 10 miles from the nearest town, any transport's a blessing

Looks like you live in the posh part of France. We live in a little village of 201 inhabitants, I have also found a good garage who is not expensive, but I have given up on French cars. I had a standing reservation each month for a day with the garage as I knew something would go on it.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I guess that all cars in Paris will be replaced with boats soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Dotties

Free Member
Jan 31, 2015
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Ex Newbie
image.jpeg

60 years old this year. Still used regularly (not daily). As she left the factory, apart from tyres and stainless exhaust.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I wish I was one of those people mechanics came easy to, I would have a early 80,s 300d merc automatic with no electronics. As used by taxi with spaceship mileage on them. Meanwhile back to reality, haha.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back