Parc Verger - Weekend of Festivities (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pat, I think the information below may help you decide whether a toad is necessary at the meet. Geo and I, Suzy and Bryan and Ruth and Tony will hopefully land at Parc Verger on Wednesday 12th and so we may be using our toads to go to the Martyr Village before everything kicks off on the Friday. I say 'may' cos anything can happen with us :ROFLMAO:

I have received another pm from Bob and Di today so everyone that is going needs to let them know what they would like to do during the stay. I feel I must say that this is probably going to be a great meet - it has been a pleasure talking to Bob and Di - what really nice people they are. They seem really excited about having us too which is evident when you read their proposed itinerary below:

Quote---
Time is passing, and we need to book coaches in May, so please email or pm us with the answers to the questions below:

Friday 14th August Fishing for those who want it. Fly-fishing tuition available.

COST of fishing
Trout lake: 8 Euros for 4 hours, take up to 5 fish
Carp lakes: 10 Euros per day, catch returned to lake
Tuition: cost to be advised when numbers requiring this are known.
Full introductory package available incl tackle and use of lakes.
Transport: If there are sufficient numbers we’ll hire a coach, but otherwise we’ll use cars for transport.

Saturday 15th August Car-boot & trade stalls all day in the village; Local carnival during afternoon. Repas in the evening followed by fireworks and dancing

Sunday 16th August 12 noon to 1 pm : Aperitifs hosted by Bob and Di (weather permitting!!)

Monday 17th August Full day visit to the Martyr village at Oradour sur Glane and Limoges
9.30 am Coach leaves Parc Verger
10.15 - 12 noon visit to martyr village
12 noon coach leaves for Limoges
12.45 – 4.30 time free in Limoges
4.30 coach leaves for Parc Verger
COST of coach will be approx 12 Euros per head for adults, 6 Euros for under 16s

Tuesday 18th August Fishing for those who want it. Again if there are sufficient numbers we’ll hire a coach, but otherwise we’ll use cars for transport. Same comment as above on fly-fishing tuition.

Wednesday 19th August Morning visit to Piégut market, largest in the region.
9.30 am Coach leaves Parc Verger
10.00 – 12.00 visit to market
12.00 noon Coach leaves for Parc Verger
COST of mini-coach will be 10 - 12 Euros per head

End quote...

Talk soon
Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pammy

Sorry but we have decided to do Spain this year and have booked Portsmouth/Bilbao so wont be going to this one, I have pm'd Bob & Di ,look forward to meeting up with some of you another time

Hi Gloworm

Sorry to hear you will not be joining us after all - I do know that you will have a great time though in Spain. We travelled through Spain last year - it was absolutely fantastic. Made a change from seeing high rise hotels and craines.:ROFLMAO:

Take care

Pammy

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi all
Jan & I have had to drop out of this one so there is a place left if someone would like it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Pammy!

Just sent a PM to Bob and Di to confirm we'll be there(Didier and I). As i told them i can't manage to know if i 'll be able to stay more than 3 days. That's to say from the 14th to the 17th of August. Waiting now for their reply to send my deposit.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:Can't wait to meet all of you!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Amicalement

Frankie:winky::winky:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi all
Jan & I have had to drop out of this one so there is a place left if someone would like it.

Hi Rory and Jan

So sorry to hear you won't be joining us - never mind there's always next year's International meet (and you don't want to miss that one).:ROFLMAO::winky::winky:

Take care
Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Frankie and Pat

Thanks for the replies - I will update the calendar.

Really glad you have confirmed. I'm sure we will all have a great time.

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Reminder

Hi folks

This is a reminder about the Parc Verger meet in August.

It is still not too late to get in touch with Bob and Di at Parc Verger and get your names down to join us - should be a great meet.:thumb:

Also, for those that have their names down but haven't yet paid your deposits - Bob and Di are only a phone call away to take your debit/credit card payments.

If those that have their names down have decided not to join us after all can you let me know please as soon as possible.:cry:

Can I remind every one that is going, that you need to complete the questionnaires and pass them on to Bob and Di.

Many thanks
Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi everyone

just bumping this thread to remind you that there are still some places left for this meet in August.:thumb:

Also to remind
Verity
New Rover
The Pipps
Patrick

That Bob and Di at Parc Verger are waiting for you to get in touch. If you no longer think you will be attending can you also let us know so I can cross you off the list.:Doh:

Not long now, only 2 months and 27 days left before we all meet up.

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Reminder

Hi everyone

just bumping this thread once again to remind you that there are still some places left for this meet in August.:thumb:

Also to remind:

Verity
New Rover
The Pipps
Patrick

That Bob and Di at Parc Verger are waiting for you to get in touch. If you no longer think you will be attending can you also let us know so I can cross you off the list.:Doh:

Not long now, only 74 days left before we all meet up. ::bigsmile:

Thanks Steve and Jan (Sandj) for the pm to Geo. I have added your name to the list of attendees. Don't forget you need to contact Bob and Di at Parc Verger to pay your deposit. Look on the calendar for how to do it.:thumb:

Can't wait to catch up - we must make sure we spend a bit more time together than at Upton:cry::Doh:

Pammy

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Quick Reminder

Hi folks

This is a reminder about the Parc Verger meet in August.

It is still not too late to get in touch with Bob and Di at Parc Verger and get your names down to join us - should be a great meet.

Also, for those that have their names down but haven't yet paid your deposits ie:
Pete & Jane / Verity
John & Marie / New Rover
Doug & Bar / The Pipps
Patrick
Steve & Jan / Sandj

- Bob and Di are only a phone call away to take your debit/credit card payments.

If those that have their names down have decided not to join us after all can you let me know please as soon as possible.

Can I remind every one that is going, that you need to complete the questionnaires and pass them on to Bob and Di if you have not already done so.

31 days left to the meet and counting

Many thanks
Pammy

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Well I've broken the habit of a lifetime - I've booked the ferry to France 3 weeks before we sail!! :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

We're getting the P&O ferry Dover - Calais on Sunday 9th at 9.15am ( yes I will be up early!!!)
We're coming back Eurotunnel on Thursday 27th at 9.20am ( another early morning!:Eeek::Eeek:)

We're planning to do the Normandy beaches before heading down to Parc Verger then maybe the west coast / Brittany on the way back - not really planned that bit yet!

Looking forward to seeing everybody - should be a great meet!:thumb::thumb::thumb: Cheap wine too!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
[Q

We're planning to do the Normandy beaches before heading down to Parc Verger then maybe the west coast / Brittany on the way back - not really planned that bit yet!

Marie
Just a suggestion but when we went to France 2 years ago we did a Normandy Beach tour with 'Battlebus'. They hit us for £50 each but what a tour it was - absolutely fantastic, taking in Pegasus Bridge, the Museums, walks, shelters, cemetary etc. Loads of great stories on the way. We crammed in loads of miles and to be honest if we had tried to do this on our own we would have missed half of it because we wouldn't have known where to go. They took us to where the troops dropped in, as well as the British Beaches where the boats came in. Well worth the money honestly. I don't think we'll have time to do another beach tour but next time we do I fancy doing the American beaches next and again with Battlebus. They're on the web - take a look.

Link Removed

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
pm

Hi Pammy, have tried to pm you, new to site not sure if I have done it right. Ambilkate

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Well I've broken the habit of a lifetime - I've booked the ferry to France 3 weeks before we sail!! :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

We're getting the P&O ferry Dover - Calais on Sunday 9th at 9.15am ( yes I will be up early!!!)
We're coming back Eurotunnel on Thursday 27th at 9.20am ( another early morning!:Eeek::Eeek:)

Looking forward to seeing everybody - should be a great meet!:thumb::thumb::thumb: Cheap wine too!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well Done Marie.:thumb:

We will be heading down near to camping landes CAMPING AIROTEL LE VIEUX PORT messanges camping landes location mobilhome Expensive but well worth a visit for some surf and fun.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pammy, have tried to pm you, new to site not sure if I have done it right. Ambilkate

Hi Ambilkate

Yes, you did it correctly, and I have replied

Hope you make it.:thumb:

See you soon.

Pammy

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Pammy,
We have sent you a pm.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Sorry we will not be able to make this one, holding on till last minute to try to :cry::cry:

See you soon

SandJ :cry::thumb:

thechesters

Free Member
Jul 23, 2009
Funster No
Hi,. as new to this forum I was having a look aroiund the forums and saw this for teh parc verger meet. Where actually is parc Verger? We are arriving in france on the 6th and up until now do not know exactly were to head to. ideally we would like surf but cannot be too hot for princess.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi,. as new to this forum I was having a look aroiund the forums and saw this for teh parc verger meet. Where actually is parc Verger? We are arriving in france on the 6th and up until now do not know exactly were to head to. ideally we would like surf but cannot be too hot for princess.

See here Welcome to Parcverger Limousin

Regards Pat

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Nearly Time

Nearly time to pack ya bags and head off for some nice French life.

Really looking forward to this now and a nice break.

is there a final/up to date list?

Whos arriving when? Looking forward to some French food and fly fishing.

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Getting all fired up for this trip too, See you all there, Might even manage to chuck in a few burgers for you Paul !!!

Tony Hunt

Free Member
Sep 27, 2007
Wimborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Enjoy yourselves. We went last year and thoroughly enjoyed our visit. we enjoyed a longer stay than we originally intended and toured all over the surrounding area in our car on day trips out. Bob and Di have a lovely campsite and made us feel very welcome. Dont forget to take your bicycles with you, theres a 15km cycleway on the old railway line literally yards away that goes through some nice countryside. The fishing was great thanks to Tony who lives in the village and runs fly fishing courses on a local lake.

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Getting all fired up for this trip too, See you all there, Might even manage to chuck in a few burgers for you Paul !!!

and when you bring them out of the van - I'll be somewhere else:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
No worries Pammy, packed the barbie this time,but I,ll send Bill over to you with a couple:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Chris

ronfleur

Free Member
Apr 26, 2008
Funster No
You lucky B*****ds

Hey I'm sitting here at Parc Verger and wished I could join you later on see my blog
Left Durham 9 am Bessie Dragging Smart car on a trailer

Stopped off at Eastwwod to visit mother

Arrived Blackhorse farm Folkestone around 7 just in time to hookup and and pop in to the Blackhorse pub for 10.95 3 course meal Gorgeous duck spring rolls Lovely Fish & chips & strange cheesecake

Left around 8am after breakfast loaded up Smart (we had to unload for some reason?

Decided to go for it filled up at Supermarche Leclerc BOULEVARD INDUSTRIEL DE LA LIANE
62230 OUTREAU at .97 Euros! then set off. Roads were very quiet. Paid about 30 euros in tolls. Stopped once for birdseye cheeseburgers courtesy of her indoors
and arrived in Parc Verger 8.45 pm

Superb welcome even though it was late and we were a day early.Amazing drive through pitch.Did'nt have to unhook . Lovely site.Free WIFI!!!! Amazingly quiet. Own 16 amp EHU own tap and two drains. Encouraged to water. trees with grey waste.Had to raid fridge for the meagre provisions we had brought with us but settled for sausage egg and beans. With my last beer which didn't touch the sides and then a bottle of the red stuff. That's why I'm here at 4.30 am drinking 4 cups of tea with her indoors snoring in the background. So the holiday starts tomorrow bring it ...............................!

Day 3 Wonderfully sunny day have decided to stay put for a week instead of moving on!
A deer walked 50m infront of our van this morning,then a little red squirrel hopped along and up the nearest tree. The hens and cockerels disturb the peace from time to time + the odd woodpecker. Hey wished you could bottle this! It is boiling hot My drinks keep evaporating honest! Off to oradour tomorrow have raided the local Ecomarche of their 1.35 Cotes du Rhone.

BBQ of cotes de porc and merguez etc

Barry

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
....HUMMMM all that smells holidays!

I just can't wait to meet you all!
Hope everything will be OK !My daughter ,unfortunatly suffers of her tendons d'achille and can't walk .... hope she won't get too bored...sitting all the time!

I have only one more day to work and that's it ...holidays for a whole month!!!

See you there funsters!

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile::winky:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
The list on the calendar is as up to date as I can tell.

Thechesters have not come back to me to say whether they are booked in or not and Bob and Di have not pm'd me either (I'm sure they will be keeping an eye on this thread).

We will be crossing over to Calais on Sunday 9 August and then making a steady journey down towards Parc Verger (taking in stops along the way) and should arrive on Wednesday. The weather sounds good at the moment, I really hope it lasts for at least the next 3 weeks.

Boy am I ready for this break - the nearer it gets, the more excited I get. Can't wait.

I will pm those attending with our mobile phone numbers just in case you need us.

See you all soon

Pammy

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Hey Pammy! We're getting excited too!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We're on P&O Sunday 9th August 9.15am probably sleep overnight on Marine Parade, Dover then head down to St Valery sur Somme for Sunday night.

It's going to be great weather - I'm sure haganap's ordered it! Just like he did at Wrenbury - ha ha!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

See you all at Parc Verger on Friday the whatever it is!:ROFLMAO:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi we are on Eurotunnel on Monday 3rd and will make our way down to Parc Verger via Paris and our friends in La Trimouille, hopefully arrive on Wednesday 12th:thumb::thumb:

Regards Pat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back