LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We have just bought a 2nd hand set and are delighted with them, reading the silver screen web site it reads. ,,,,,Remember, your 'Silver Screen' could be used on the inside of your motorhome cab by reversing the door mounting envelopes, this will help to stop fading of the upholstry and keep the cab area private.

Cant quite get these to work inside, anyone else get them to work inside too?

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, my instructions say the same but I can't see the point - especially as I have pull-around curtains in the cab which protect from sunlight. I guess it's an attempt by the manufacturer to prove versatility in their use. I suppose you could use them in the interior at a pinch or if laying up the 'van for a longer period and you don't want the screens nicked when conventionally fitted to the outside. I have tried fitting them inside, but there's too much bulk and no way of keeping them up!

This is the second set of Paragon Silver Screens that I've had. I bought a new set when I changed the 'van recently. I'm delighted with them too.

Upvote 0

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Yes, my instructions say the same but I can't see the point - especially as I have pull-around curtains in the cab which protect from sunlight. I guess it's an attempt by the manufacturer to prove versatility in their use. I suppose you could use them in the interior at a pinch or if laying up the 'van for a longer period and you don't want the screens nicked when conventionally fitted to the outside. I have tried fitting them inside, but there's too much bulk and no way of keeping them up!

This is the second set of Paragon Silver Screens that I've had. I bought a new set when I changed the 'van recently. I'm delighted with them too.

I use my similar screens inside. It stops them being nicked or damaged. I leave them on in storage for months at a time. Not sure I'd want to use them externally for that period. The sunvisors do a good job of holding up the tops. The bottoms wedge between the screen and the dashboard. You just need to collect some material in a corner.

I've never even tried using them externally. For a start, by the time I want to put them up, I'm not inclined to go out into the rain to do so.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back