Paracetamols in Europe (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We always carry our prescription drugs with us when we go to France. Never been a problem.

Probably, when customs officers look at us, they realise we need them!:rolleyes:

sp33dy

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Weston-super-Mare
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2012
Only ever bought in Spain.No problem and not expensive.However I take aspirin and they are very expensive so take loads with me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
I bought a packet of paracetamol in France which were long and torpedo shaped and very hard to swallow. Then,,,,,,,,,,,,,I realised they were suppositories. I've still got them.

Nov 8, 2015
Rakitnika, Varna, Bulgaria
Funster No
MH
Damon Daybreak RV
Exp
Now in fifth year and with American RV
I bought a packet of paracetamol in France which were long and torpedo shaped and very hard to swallow. Then,,,,,,,,,,,,,I realised they were suppositories. I've still got them.
For all the good they will do you might as well shove them up your ar5e :LOL:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Upon entering The Netherlands, with one day's supply left we got them easily, with the pharmacist "forging" an address because the Aire we were on was not acceptable. Clearly a difference in attitude!
Netherlands... Drugs.... A different attitude...

Now let me think about this for a minute. :LOL:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
From what I've heard of Spanish medicines they're all designed to go in where they should come out. ;)

Hilewaychile

Free Member
Oct 10, 2017
Very variable. UK and Spain are the loci
Funster No
MH
DIY Vaux Movano
Exp
10 years, on and off.
Be aware that you can only get limited stock even in a supermarket. Something like 2 packs, so if you plan to take a stock you may need to visit shops several times.
To build up stocks you do need to make multiple purchases in a UK s/mkt. The cunning trick is to use a DIY till and pay cash for each pair of packs. I also go thru' a checkout with one pair + my shopping, go round again for another pair, then go to the DIY till for several more ...

you get the idea.

juwlz

Free Member
Sep 30, 2008
Berkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Paracetamol is a generic drug and may be known in various countries by different names (and, of course, also available as an ingredient in expensive branded products), and in different formulations. I had trouble getting it in the USA recently because nobody seems to know it as paracetamol there (they only seem to know the brand Tylenol - or maybe they use the brand name as a generic description (like Hoover and Kleenex). If only I'd looked up this page at the time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol.

Brief extract from that Wikipedia page, to save you wading through it all:
Paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen and APAP, is a medication used to treat pain and fever... It is typically used either by mouth or rectally, but is also available by injection into a vein.

Paracetamol ... is the most commonly used medication for pain and fever in both the United States and Europe. ... Paracetamol is available as a generic medication with trade names including Tylenol and Panadol, among others.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Do you think it is ok to take enough with us for three months?
Egypt springs to mind!
Hi, I always take 3 months supply with me paracetamol are not available in Aldi /LIDL in Spain and the other supermarkets are not allowed to sell them either, pharmacy only for medicals only
Paracetamol are 3euros and 10cents for 10 carpets in UK as you know they are 20p for 16 take them with you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back