Panoramic Roof blind on Adria Matrix - Broken string/cable (1 Viewer)

BigDean

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2017
Hi all,

Whilst away in France last week the black string/cord that makes our blind go back and forth on the panoramic roof light snapped. I took a look, but it looks very fiddly.

This morning I got in touch with the dealer that is doing the annual service and hab check next month to ask them to get the spare cord in and fit. They explained to me that the surround has to come off to get to the blind, and we are looking at 2 days and £600-£800! Now of course we cant go ahead with that!

Wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem and had a more cost effective fix!

I can see both ends of the cable and can operate the blind manually, so nothing is seriously broken, just a snapped cord!

IMG_0373.jpgIMG_0372.jpgIMG_0371.jpg

Any ideas very welcome!

Thanks in advance
Dean

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 110
Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Once you get the blind out the fix will be quite easy. I had a cord go on a door fly screen I used kevlar kite line to replace it.

Dealers way of saying they can't be arsed.
That's my next job. Flyscreen on hab door. Thanks for the tip about Kevlar kite string.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

BigDean

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Lenny, top tip with the Kevlar.

Problem is the facia around it, that I have to take off, looks like it is held with no more nails! Worried about the mess it will make taking it off.

May have to suck it and see!

Thanks again.
Dean

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
With regards to the Kevlar kite line, it used to be Dynema or Spectra (the best stuff). I used to fly as part of a kite display team (along with another Funster...long time ago tho'). We got given the stuff as we were sponsored. Very little (if any) stretch so ideal for blinds.

We had a similar problem with our Burstner which has a similar surround. The dealer had to remove it, I'm not sure how it was attached. He Sikaflexed it back so we had to wait for it to set before we could take delivery of it again. Fortunately under warranty!

OP
OP
B

BigDean

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks for that Steve, I will take a look and then maybe wait until the service and discuss with one of the mechanics/technicians.

Sep 1, 2021
Derry
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Thanks for that Steve, I will take a look and then maybe wait until the service and discuss with one of the mechanics/technicians.
Hi there, any update on this? Unfortunately I have the same problem on an Adria Coral Supreme 670DL

Many hanks in advance

OP
OP
B

BigDean

Free Member
Mar 31, 2018
Bath, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Since 2017
Hi there, any update on this? Unfortunately I have the same problem on an Adria Coral Supreme 670DL

Many hanks in advance
In the end I bit the bullet and removed the facia, carefully. Fixed the blind with the Kevlar line, then used some L shaped profile to tidy up the edge at the back. Never reinstalled the original facia. Looked okay.

Sold it now so don’t have pics.

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
We've had the same problem twice on the much lauded "panorama" roof. The problem is 1. The blind makers using cheap cord on small pulleys and 2. Adria (and othe makers) not designing interiors for easy repairs. One repair involved a sharp chisel to prise the surround off the ceiling. I now use two hands to slowly move the blind every time.

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
I think unfortunately it’s a common problem. I’ve certainly read about it before, possibly on an Adria Facebook group. I also remember seeing some pics someone had posted about how they fixed it themselves. It did involve removing the surrounding facia. Could something like that really take 2 days for a professional?

Feb 19, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670SC
Exp
We've had the same problem twice on the much lauded "panorama" roof. The problem is 1. The blind makers using cheap cord on small pulleys and 2. Adria (and othe makers) not designing interiors for easy repairs. One repair involved a sharp chisel to prise the surround off the ceiling. I now use two hands to slowly move the blind every time.
I’m very careful with mine after reading about it and also keep the channels lubricated with some ptfe spray.

Sep 1, 2021
Derry
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Hi all, many thanks for the replies. This is what I was afraid of! it seems the facia has to be forcibly removed. I will order one of the kevlar kite string and some gorilla glue and and have a go at it. i will let you how I get on!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back