Panel van conversion on ebay .. opinions please. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So Jim what does SWMBO want that can be used as an everyday vehicle as well ?
I can see you joining me in a ambulance :ROFLMAO: 19 ft long (overhaul) and 6 ft 6 ins wide in the rear (wider than any PVs) and still easy to park in most places :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

She want's a tardis that does 45 mpg .. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

seriously, I can't find anything that really suits the bill .. most PVC's are only two berth and those that aren't are too long.. may as well have nice Hymer B534 or any other short German C class .. which there are many..

I like your ambulance.. is it three berth ?

cheers

jim

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Not exactly a Tardis.....but some of these do well over 45mpg with a diesel engine.

Link Removed

Met an elderly retired couple with one a few years ago in Switzerland. Not a wealthy couple with pots of 'disposable income', but their mini motorhome had taken them all over europe. They could easily afford it as mpg wasn't a problem. I was amazed at the facilities built into these little vans. Very clever use of limited space. Even enough room for his disabled wifes wheelchair.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

seriously, I can't find anything that really suits the bill .. most PVC's are only two berth and those that aren't are too long.. may as well have nice Hymer B534 or any other short German C class .. which there are many..

I like your ambulance.. is it three berth ?

cheers

jim

I made it as a 2 berth with the bed as 2 singles 27 ins wide and 6 ft 6 ins long :thumb: with the option of turning that into a 5 ft wide by 6 ft 6 ins double or a very large 6 ft 6 ins sq king size which I am sure you could easy fit 4 in :ROFLMAO: all be it very cosy
I have just recently made another bed in between the front seats for our grandson ( 4 yrs -due to a change in circumstances ) which at about 5 ft plus long should serve him until he is 8 yrs plus I would think, or again until we convert another :ROFLMAO::thumb:
Again this decision lays with SWMBO :ROFLMAO: she said we would do another after a couple of yrs which is 3 yrs to date ::bigsmile: Now she is on about another couple of yrs before doing another :ROFLMAO::Doh:
I have tried to persuade her to just do one to sell but she says we are not risking it to what could possibly be a loss :Eeek:Even tried to say sell the one we have then we know exactly what it is worth :thumb::thumb: but again all I get is we will only do it the same (we like the layout and it is still like new ) so why would she want to change it when we are not having any problems just to have a few yrs newer van :Doh: No reasoning with logic like that :ROFLMAO:
terry

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I made it as a 2 berth with the bed as 2 singles 27 ins wide and 6 ft 6 ins long :thumb: with the option of turning that into a 5 ft wide by 6 ft 6 ins double or a very large 6 ft 6 ins sq king size which I am sure you could easy fit 4 in :ROFLMAO: all be it very cosy
I have just recently made another bed in between the front seats for our grandson ( 4 yrs -due to a change in circumstances ) which at about 5 ft plus long should serve him until he is 8 yrs plus I would think, or again until we convert another :ROFLMAO::thumb:
Again this decision lays with SWMBO :ROFLMAO: she said we would do another after a couple of yrs which is 3 yrs to date ::bigsmile: Now she is on about another couple of yrs before doing another :ROFLMAO::Doh:
I have tried to persuade her to just do one to sell but she says we are not risking it to what could possibly be a loss :Eeek:Even tried to say sell the one we have then we know exactly what it is worth :thumb::thumb: but again all I get is we will only do it the same (we like the layout and it is still like new ) so why would she want to change it when we are not having any problems just to have a few yrs newer van :Doh: No reasoning with logic like that :ROFLMAO:
terry

Thanks Terry..
Just had another look at your album pics, it's a first class conversion and would put many so called 'professional' converters to shame.. love it.. :thumb:

jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:thumb::ROFLMAO: you now need to convince SWMBO that you can have what layout you want :ROFLMAO:
Ours was made with all the options (bed ) because she gets up a couple of times a night :ROFLMAO:
terry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi jim . just noticed this on ebay no..180418890933. iknow its a panel van. good milage make a nice one atleast its not white.cheers alan.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
hi jim . just noticed this on ebay no..180418890933. iknow its a panel van. good milage make a nice one atleast its not white.cheers alan.

Cheers Alan .. but I doubt if SWMBO is up for doing her own conversion :roflmto:

She's browsing mobile.de now .. :Eeek: I see a ferry trip looming :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Cheers Alan .. but I doubt if SWMBO is up for doing her own conversion :roflmto:

She's browsing mobile.de now .. :Eeek: I see a ferry trip looming :roflmto:

have a look at the karmann Davis its a nice PVC. I think mobile.de is your best bet myself

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back