Palamos, NE Spain, relatively unknown but reccomended! (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
I had never heard of Palamos till last week!
What a find, lovely place, reminiscent of a Cornish fishing town, lots of narrow streets and steep hills, great views, great beaches, great seafood and other restaurants, and has a lovely feel to it.
Found this site through campercontact ( no. 48484 ) http://www.campingpalamos.com/en/

Large site, good English speaking staff, 2 pools, shop, bar etc very modern and spotless facilities, and to compete with local Aires they have a 'camper park' area of the site for €12 pn inc ehu from 1/4 to 21/6 and 27/8 to 30/9 ( closed over winter) easy access for any size van, but you will need levelling ramps on just about any pitch.

Love this place, came for a night, stayed 4 !

IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0652.JPG

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Glad you like it. It's always been a point of call every year as we head south (and then north if we're Med-side.
There is also a very good aire with all amenities not far from the centre. Its on campercontact too.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Glad you like it. It's always been a point of call every year as we head south (and then north if we're Med-side.
There is also a very good aire with all amenities not far from the centre. Its on campercontact too.
The Aires are the same price, further out of town, and don't have all the facilities of a site, this is a great option for the same money - I highly recommend it if you pass this way (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
We stopped at the aire :Autocamp Palamos

Not too far away (15km North) is Pals. We found it by accident a few years back. Late at night, looking for somewhere to overnight searching for example, sports arenas. Found a carpark (by Miguel in the photo) with another MH on it and decided to stay. A few minutes later, police arrive, so I get out and ask them whether it's OK. "No!" he says "There's a market on tomorrow early, and you won't be welcome - follow me" to just round the corner :D (to the carpark just NE of the big white building (municipal sports hall). It was dark, so we just bedded down. When we woke, we were just beneath the medieval walls. A lovely town.

upload_2017-5-7_14-56-39.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
This place just keeps on giving!
Out of site, turn left, 10 mins walk is la fosca. Beautiful bay/cove with only half a dozen restaurants and bars - good walk up to castle and more little bays!
Simply stunning. Gutted we have to leave tomorrow - but have a date with family in Italy on Friday lol!

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
My son worked for PGL in Palamos and was based at Camping Kings in La Fosca. We visited a couple of times before we had a motorhome and stayed in La Fosca, may have even eaten at that restaurant. Really nice there and good walks northwards up the coast as @BreweryDave says.
I think Palamos have very good fireworks but I can't remember when:(

mike barrett

Free Member
Mar 11, 2017
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper symbol ES
Exp
6 months
Thanks for the mention of this site.
We are staying in it at the moment and its lovely. We have a view of the sea, had a nice walk into town, which is rather nice, and had an excellent (but pricy) fishy meal at lunch time. This afternoon all the shops had stalls outside making it seem more like a market than a normal street.
Tried the onsite bar last night and that was good for beer and food.
One more night here and then into France.

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
I've been checking out some sites this morning. This looks like a good one to try, thanks. Wanted to book up one near Tossa de mar but all look like need to book and we tend to wing it.

mike barrett

Free Member
Mar 11, 2017
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper symbol ES
Exp
6 months
another nice day here walked north to another beach, lovely. Decided to stay another day :)
BTW no problems getting into any campsite in Spain at the moment guess its still out of season but even this one by the coast was not full over the weekend.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Haven't been to Palamos since 1976! Loved it then so no reason why I wouldn't now. Is the big Sunday market at San Feliu still on?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back