Pairing our sky card to Sky HD box ??? (1 Viewer)

crossy

Free Member
Feb 6, 2016
Tameside
Funster No
MH
Burstner 726g Sovereign
Exp
5 yrs
sorry if this has been asked before, but .......

I have Sky multi room with a box in the bedroom etc. I realise that I can remove it from the house and it will work fine with the Oyster dish etc

I have now bought a second hand skybox and want to pair my card with it for use in the van
The instructions say that I go to the ‘MY SKY’ app and pair the card with the box putting all the details in, that bit is fine.
My question is, can I do this in the van without the box connected to WiFi or, does it need WiFi to pair via the app?..
Ideally I want to put the card details into the app pairing the card with the extra box without having to remove my existing box and replace it with the extra box every time I want to use it

Hope this makes sense???????

Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I would think it would pair through the satellite connection, more importantly if you want to use the box in the bedroom when you're home again you'd have to pair it again if you want all multi room options you currently enjoy. Probably not a problem once or twice but I wonder if Sky may get suspicious?

OP
OP
crossy

crossy

Free Member
Feb 6, 2016
Tameside
Funster No
MH
Burstner 726g Sovereign
Exp
5 yrs
It’s not going to be used much but thanks. I might just ring sky and ask them ? The app looks easy enough to use. Thanks for your advice

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
From memory you don't need an internet signal to pair the card and the box, in the old days we used to ring them up and give the version, serial number etc.
Why not just use the receiver from the bedroom and fit "fast F " connectors. 2 min job to swop then? They might get suspicious if you keep swopping the card over, in the old days (again) the card would work in another box just not the movies and the sport channels, but not tried in years.

OP
OP
crossy

crossy

Free Member
Feb 6, 2016
Tameside
Funster No
MH
Burstner 726g Sovereign
Exp
5 yrs
Yeah, good idea, I will have a look at that.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
sorry if this has been asked before, but .......

I have Sky multi room with a box in the bedroom etc. I realise that I can remove it from the house and it will work fine with the Oyster dish etc

I have now bought a second hand skybox and want to pair my card with it for use in the van
The instructions say that I go to the ‘MY SKY’ app and pair the card with the box putting all the details in, that bit is fine.
My question is, can I do this in the van without the box connected to WiFi or, does it need WiFi to pair via the app?..
Ideally I want to put the card details into the app pairing the card with the extra box without having to remove my existing box and replace it with the extra box every time I want to use it

Hope this makes sense???????

Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers
Just tune into channel 6, will pair automatically that’s how I do mine when going away in van

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
You can pair the box by:
calling sky (box needs satellite signal only)
via your my sky account (box needs satellite signal only)
or connect the box to the internet and follow the on screen prompts (box needs satellite and internet signal)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I just move my second box from the van to the house when I want to use it there. Only takes a few minutes to connect the 2 satellite cables, power, HDMI. Works on the Mifi in the van and the home network indoors. I generally leave it in the van, connected to the Oyster so it records stuff, but it works equally well in the house, connected to the house dish. I have wired the house dish to 4 locations so can pick where to watch it. More often if I want to watch something different to the one in the house, I’ll do so in the van, which is on the driveway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back