Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Fifer Touring "M" 2017 E6
Exp
10 years +
The paint came on Tuesday and I have painted about 0ne third of the floor with two coats and nearly all the rest with the first coat. In general at this stage I am slightly disappointed with the result but that is mainly due to the relatively poor surface that the paint was put onto. rather than any inadequacy of the paint itself. I do understand that in order to get a smooth flat result you have to start with something that is smooth.
I attach a picture of the "before" and I will post a picture of the Half way point shortly.
Garage.JPG

OP
OP
G

GSD

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Exp
10 years +
As promised here is a picture of the floor now coated with two coats as regards the RH section. It can be seen that the paint has not filled the worst indentations but none the less the floor is hard and shiny and will be easy to sweep and keep dust down so a considerable improvement. I needed to order more paint to finish so another two weeks before I can post final result.
Garage 2coat.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
The professional that did mine (no criticism intended just differentiation) filled the indents and small chips etc with an epoxy filler after the first coat, he knew which would be filled/covered with the second coat of paint and which not. He walked around on the wet paint is special boots with very thin pointed spikes so the paint flowed back after his steps, ingenious.

OP
OP
G

GSD

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Exp
10 years +
The professional that did mine (no criticism intended just differentiation) filled the indents and small chips etc with an epoxy filler after the first coat, he knew which would be filled/covered with the second coat of paint and which not. He walked around on the wet paint is special boots with very thin pointed spikes so the paint flowed back after his steps, ingenious.
Thats very interesting and it seems as if I could have made a better job of this. I did notice spikes offered on Resincoats website and wondered what they were for. However it is impracticable to take the garage fully out of use and I have at least achieved a degree of improvement and a relatively dust free environment.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thats very interesting and it seems as if I could have made a better job of this. I did notice spikes offered on Resincoats website and wondered what they were for. However it is impracticable to take the garage fully out of use and I have at least achieved a degree of improvement and a relatively dust free environment.
So what you could do is get some filler and go over the area you have done filling the bad bits and then dab some paint over them after? Then you will be prepared when you do the other half?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Looks like you missed out the primer sealer, commercial garage just done 1xprimer 2x finish looks like glass, me thinks the primer gives it the rubbery feel.
A drop of primer left over dried in the tin 20mm thick and was extremely flexible

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Primer is used as a damp course barrier. If the concrete is dry enough then its use becomes a matter of choice and pocket. I agree its use makes a significant aesthetic improvement, our floor was dry and they said pays your money takes your choice.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If anyone near Dorset is looking to paint a floor, I have just found an unopened gallon can of crown floor paint in my workshop. £10 if you can collect it. No delivery as its a big heavy tin of paint

Believe it is grey

C33JAY

Free Member
Dec 13, 2019
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
2 x years Travelling in Europe in our VW T6
I guess the test of any garage floor paint is when you drive a vehicle over it.
I painted my Garage floor which is in good condition with Ronseal garage floor paint with great results aesthetically until I drove over it a week or so later and it started lifting the paint on the tyres, I've never painted a floor before so obviously didnt prepare the surface well enough, I roughed the floor up and then painted it.

I'm following this subject with interest.

Rgds CJ

OP
OP
G

GSD

Free Member
Dec 31, 2016
North Scotland
Funster No
MH
Exp
10 years +
I finally got my floor finished. Delays were mainly caused by long lead times in the dispatch and delivery of the paint and needing to order a second batch.
In fairness though Resincoat made their extended lead and delivery times known on their website and more or less met their quoted times. It is clearly not a perfect job and in retrospect it might have been possible to get a better finish if I had filled and/or prepared in some way the rough sections of the floor. That said it is very much better than it was and it is great to be able to sweep the floor without generating lots of concrete dust. The floor is well sealed and it can be seen in the better bits what a great finish this two part HB Resicoat paint can produce.

IMG_1008.JPG

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
If anyone near Dorset is looking to paint a floor, I have just found an unopened gallon can of crown floor paint in my workshop. £10 if you can collect it. No delivery as its a big heavy tin of paint

Believe it is grey
Bargain so long as its not Pink

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back