Paint colour for Grey skirts Rapido 604ff (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I've modified the skirt under the door and small one next to rear wheel arch. crack and small hole. Quoted £1100 parts labour another dealer £350 parts, but suggested would need to remove door and frame. SWMBO didn't like the first number. first attempt will be a repair of existing parts. Any advice on what specific colour paint is suitable for the grey skirts. Also any advise on moving/ placing skirts would be appreciated.

Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
mine are a sort of blue/grey colour but no idea if it was a Rapido job or a previous owner.
I've done a bit of spraying in the past and I would say that it would be better to do all the skirts rather than try and patch it in so have what colour you fancy. its not going to take a lot of paint, its the preparation that makes the difference.
Sorry I cant be more help. (although I do still have my spray gun in the garage if you want to borrow it:))

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Google LKQ, locate your nearest depot, most if not all branches will have a spectrometer which is a device that can match and identify the colour. If your happy with the match buy 1/4 litre of paint then find your local mobile smart repairer and have him do a local repair with the paint you have supplied.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Google LKQ, locate your nearest depot, most if not all branches will have a spectrometer which is a device that can match and identify the colour. If your happy with the match buy 1/4 litre of paint then find your local mobile smart repairer and have him do a local repair with the paint you have supplied.
The smart repair company I used had the spectrometer on board and could mix a matching colour in his van.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back