Padstow Sites: recommend one pls (1 Viewer)

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
Looking for a 1 or 2 nights stop over in padstow mid July. It has been many years since we last camped there and are looking for a family friendly site anyone can recommend.

OP
OP
Ridgeway

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We stayed here about 3 years ago in a Rv nice site about a mile from Padstow
http://www.padstowtouringpark.co.uk/park-gallery/
:thumb::thumb:

Bugger me, that's a site we stayed on some few:RollEyes: years ago....... well about 15yrs ago !!! absolutely positive it's the same one, what a coincidence

I remember the walk down to the village by exiting the site in the corner and going through some rough gorse area, probably Rick Stein's garden now:ROFLMAO:

Thanks Forestboy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
We stayed at this one a couple of years ago. A short ten minute walk to Padstow along the Camel Trail. Great to visit the eateries and public houses and then stagger back.
John

Link Removed

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We stayed here about 3 years ago in a Rv nice site about a mile from Padstow
http://www.padstowtouringpark.co.uk/park-gallery/
:thumb::thumb:

We had a post on here a couple of weeks ago about the way in which camp sites structured their prices. The gist was that you had to be a Philadelphia lawyer to figure out how much a stay would cost instead of there being a basic price.

Without going back over old ground this is a perfect example of what was being debated.

One of the points raised was the charging for dogs. The argument being that what did the dog use to warrant a charge.

This site takes it to the extreme, its £2.00 in the medium season and £3.00 in high season. :whatthe:

Does this site provide doggy sun tan oil in the high season. :roflmto:

Its a rip off, pure and simple (IMO)

Jim
:Smile:

Globalempire

Free Member
May 7, 2011
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We had a post on here a couple of weeks ago about the way in which camp sites structured their prices. The gist was that you had to be a Philadelphia lawyer to figure out how much a stay would cost instead of there being a basic price.

Without going back over old ground this is a perfect example of what was being debated.

One of the points raised was the charging for dogs. The argument being that what did the dog use to warrant a charge.

This site takes it to the extreme, its £2.00 in the medium season and £3.00 in high season. :whatthe:

Does this site provide doggy sun tan oil in the high season. :roflmto:

Its a rip off, pure and simple (IMO)

Jim
:Smile:

Yes, I noticed the increasing charge for dogs too. Feell sorry for anyone who takes an extra car to this site in high season - £8 a night extra!

The pitch fee is already £27 a night in high season too.

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have spent many a night on the harbour just past the fish market. Free and as near to the London or the Red Lion as you will get.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
well give her my regards .where are you then.
must be all that heat in maroc .
been smashing here just lately .
almost as good as spain i would think.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back