LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Just received the Aldi flyer for the specials starting on Sunday 23rd January. One of them is the Link Removed. Relatively cheap extra protection for bikes, solar panels, generators etc.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Bought one of these at Lincoln or was it the NEC? Paid a tenner, got it on the wheelclamp at the mo but could be hung on a rope door to door in the cab to deter night time intruders.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
No good for kipor gennys they aint loud enough when the genny is running:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
Just received the Aldi flyer for the specials starting on Sunday 23rd January. One of them is the Link Removed. Relatively cheap extra protection for bikes, solar panels, generators etc.

guy at m/h shows selling for 2 for 15pounds they are ok

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Cheap enough but you've got to laugh at "Hardened Zinc Alloy" that's like saying hard as a cold butter.

Don't knock it though, *anything* is better than nothing.

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
guy at m/h shows selling for 2 for 15pounds they are ok

The batteries we had with ours only worked for a week or two....we did have 3yrs replacements with it as well but havent tried them:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Had them on our stables for three years, (I don't keep horses but motorbikes lawn tractor etc) put them on following some one trying to break in they do make a noise enough to wake me.

All the best Rick

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
No good for kipor gennys they aint loud enough when the genny is running:ROFLMAO:

If your Kipor Genny's so loud, you wouldn't need one. The sudden silence would be enough to alarm you, wouldn't it ? :Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
bought mine at Lincoln 2 years ago.. Still on the original battery(s? )

Currently one of the locks is being used on the bikes at the back of the van given that PP had some stolen while here !

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Cheap enough but you've got to laugh at "Hardened Zinc Alloy" that's like saying hard as a cold butter.

Don't knock it though, *anything* is better than nothing.

hardened zinc alloy isnt a problem Brian, could be made of lead.
they are extremely sensitive, the slightest knock will set them off.

i have/had my genny secured with a 4mtr x 10mm steel wire and one of these locks....cable laid loose on the grass and a good tap with a screw driver on the wire, mid point, set the alarm off.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I suffered the noise...

One year at Shepton Mallet show we were parked in the disabled area.. We had that chap selling them only a few yards away in traders row selling them... Drove us round the bend all weekend..

I would settle for my strike back alarm loope to me goodies.. Cut that or disconnect it the alarm goes off andtat is loud.

Bob:thumb:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years

Why would you need security for a Kippor Genny, no one is going to want to nick it.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back